From: Laura Pearson on
Brian
I have Outlook 7 Vista premium. I recently added a outlook profile (mine)
and am getting the dup emails. In reading the directions on Outlook howto for
2007 version, I have followed the directions by conect to my original
pst-file by foing to FILE>OPEN>OUTLOOK DATA FILE and am now looking at an
[Accounts folder] & Outlook folder. Now I'm stumped by the direction "move
all the newly received emails to that pst file". help? where's the pst file?
--
Laura P
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Laura Pearson" <LauraPearson(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I have Outlook 7 Vista premium. I recently added a outlook profile (mine)
> and am getting the dup emails. In reading the directions on Outlook howto
> for
> 2007 version, I have followed the directions by conect to my original
> pst-file by foing to FILE>OPEN>OUTLOOK DATA FILE and am now looking at an
> [Accounts folder] & Outlook folder. Now I'm stumped by the direction "move
> all the newly received emails to that pst file". help? where's the pst file?

I don't know what you mean by "[Accounts folder]" and "Outlook folder".
Please describe more carefully or upload a screen shot to one of the many
image-hosting web sites and post the URL to that screen shot.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Laura Pearson on
Well, I don't know where the many image-hosting web sites are, so I guess
I'll have to describe in more detail.
When I followed the directions to get to the OUTLOOK DATA FILE. All I was
looking at was 2 folders on the right side of the split screen and all the
folders from Local Disk C on the left hand side.
The Outlook folder is open and displays the subfolder [Accounts folder] -
that's what I'm looking at. . . .
I guess I don't know what a pst file is and I'm not understanding how to
move my newly received emails to the pst file (when I don't see one in the
folders list)?
BTW - where can I find an image hosting website?

Laura P

From: Slipstick on

Laura Pearson wrote:
> Well, I don't know where the many image-hosting web sites are, so I
> guess
> I'll have to describe in more detail.
> When I followed the directions to get to the OUTLOOK DATA FILE. All I
> was
> looking at was 2 folders on the right side of the split screen and all
> the
> folders from Local Disk C on the left hand side.
> The Outlook folder is open and displays the subfolder [Accounts folder]
> -
> that's what I'm looking at. . . .
> I guess I don't know what a pst file is and I'm not understanding how
> move my newly received emails to the pst file (when I don't see one in
> the
> folders list)?
> BTW - where can I find an image hosting website?

you can use Microsoft's skydrive or google's service.

To merge folders, you need to open the folders in outlook using File,
open, outlook data file then drag between the pst files. A tutorial is
here: http://www.slipstick.com/tutorials/merge_pst/merge_pst.htm

'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com)

'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-tips.net/)
http://forums.slipstick.com

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on

> Well, I don't know where the many image-hosting web sites are, so I guess
> I'll have to describe in more detail.

Picassa (http://picassa.google.com/), ImageShack (http://imageshack.us/), and
XSO Live
(http://www.xsolive.com/outlook%20screen%20shots/forms/lastest%20images.aspx)
are three places you can post screen shots. I'd use XSO Live.

> When I followed the directions to get to the OUTLOOK DATA FILE. All I was
> looking at was 2 folders on the right side of the split screen and all the
> folders from Local Disk C on the left hand side.
> The Outlook folder is open and displays the subfolder [Accounts folder] -
> that's what I'm looking at. . . .
> I guess I don't know what a pst file is and I'm not understanding how to
> move my newly received emails to the pst file (when I don't see one in the
> folders list)?

A PST is a "Personal Folders File". It's what Outlook uses to store your data
(contacts, calendar, e-mail, etc.). Click File>Data File Management or
Tools>Account Settings>Data Files to see your PSTs.

To move data from one folder to another, just select the folder containing the
data (in the Navigation Pane on the left side of the Outlook window), select
the specific data you wish to move (in the list on the right), then click
Edit>Copy (or Move) to Folder, specifying the folder you want to receive the
data or you can click on and drag the selection to the folder you want to
receive it. I think you could benefit from viewing some of the tutorials at
http://www.slipstick.com/tutorials/index.htm
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]