From: Stefano on
the printer error "jam paper" but the papar isn't jam.

Why? can you help me?
From: Jan Alter on

"Stefano" <labrone(a)tiscali.it> wrote in message
> the printer error "jam paper" but the papar isn't jam.
>
> Why? can you help me?

Check the infeed paper path. There may be a small piece of paper or debris
blocking the sensor. I've even gone to the degree of turning the printer
upside down to remove stuff that has fallen into the feed area.

--
Jan Alter
bearpuf(a)verizon.net

From: Arthur Entlich on
Many paper feed problems are not actually the result of mechanical
problem with the printer, as much as foreign items getting stuck in the
paper path in some manner, so make sure the paper path is clear.

I have had reported everything from pieces of torn or partially jammed
paper to staples and paper clips, to pens, pen caps, batteries and even
cat toys inside the printer and impeding the movement of paper, so use a
flashlight and check very carefully for any inappropriate items hanging
around where they shouldn't be.

If you find the paper path clear, chances are the rubber wheels which
advance the paper through the paper transport are glazed. This happens
when coated and stiff papers are used and over time the paper coatings
and dust accumulate on the rubber parts, making them lose traction, and
delaying the arrival time of the paper at the appropriate sensor. This
can result in the paper LED going on or flashing, and sometimes a
notification on you monitor of a paper jam or no paper in tray.

You can try taking a piece of uncoated student watercolor paper and
spray either Isopropyl alcohol or ammoniated window cleaner onto the
middle area making it damp but not wimp, and leaving a small border
around the edge so that part of the paper is dry. Then using the load
and eject buttons, load the paper through the printer without printing.
Do so several times, turning the paper around and upside down.

Allow the printer to dry somewhat and then run some bond paper through
several times to help dry off any residual solvents.

Try to run the quality paper through the printer so that the more
flexible curve goes through the paper rollers rather than the other
direction/grain which is stiffer. You can also slightly roll the paper
to soften its ability to curve.

If this doesn't work you may have to use cotton swabs to manual clean
the rubber advancing rollers in the paper transport system.

If the problem isn't a code thrown during a paper loading process, it
could be a bad sensor, one out of place, damaged or if optical caused by
paper dust build up.

Sometimes, however, it is just the printer getting "confused". Try
unplgging the printer from teh wall outlet (mains) for 24 hours and then
plug it back in. This sometimes clears a firmware glitch.

Art

If you are interested in issues surrounding e-waste,
I invite you to enter the discussion at my blog:

http://e-trashtalk.spaces.live.com/

From: Stefano on
Jan Alter ha scritto:
> "Stefano" <labrone(a)tiscali.it> wrote in message
>> the printer error "jam paper" but the papar isn't jam.
>>
>> Why? can you help me?
>

> Check the infeed paper path. There may be a small piece of paper or debris
> blocking the sensor. I've even gone to the degree of turning the printer
> upside down to remove stuff that has fallen into the feed area.

I explained ambiguously

the paper enters the printer seems okay
the paper stops slightly below the normal position at this point
indicates the printer error and says "paper jam"

You turn the light on the button below you click on it and the paper
comes out
From: Don Phillipson on

> the printer error "jam paper" but the papar isn't jam.
> Why? can you help me?

We suppose you mean the Epson Stylus Photo R300
which (since discontinued) may be getting old: so
the paper rollers may show signs of wear (depending
how many sheets you have printed.) You could try
repair sites like www.fixyourownprinter.com to see
if roller wear has been recorded for this printer.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs