From: Ronald Draper on
On Feb 22, 4:55 pm, Ronald Draper <ronald.dra...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to access an unmountable drive using mfcoboland thephysical
> drive path.  It seems like I should be able to treat the disk as a
> single relative record file.  Is this doable or just a pipe dream for
> some other language?
> Thanks
> Ron
I have searched all the resources I can find including m$ and I find
many mixed ways to define the path including a new one here.

I have tried just a drive letter "I:", "\\.\physicaldisk2", "\\?
\physicaldisk2", "\\.\physicaldisk2\I:", "\\.\I:".

I have yet to find a c or c++ example but I will continue searching.

I am sure there are limits as to what Cobol can do especially with
this being a 250 gb drive and the compiler I have has a 4 gb limit on
file size. I have done thing like this on older computers (not
windooze) since the sectors were 512 bytes - if I wanted sector 255 I
used a relative key of 256 with no problems but that as I said has
been a while ago on and using a another compiler brand.

Ron
From: Richard on
On Feb 23, 11:55 am, Ronald Draper <ronald.dra...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to access an unmountable drive using mf cobol and the physical
> drive path.  It seems like I should be able to treat the disk as a
> single relative record file.  Is this doable or just a pipe dream for
> some other language?

What makes it "unmountable" ?