From: James J. Gavan on
I think it would be a joke if somebody suggested we were friends, but
for the New Zealander. The last message I see from Bill Klein is dated
2009 Dec 3. I've just had a response from Michael W. if he knew of any
contacts in California who were personal friends of Bill during his M/F
era. No luck.

I only met him that once at J4 in 2000 at Newbury, but we didn't discuss
where we lived, other than we were opposite sides of the 49th. I believe
he might be in the Chicago area or Illinois, but that's a guess. As I
recall you said you spoke to him once on the phone; hopefully you still
have his telephone number and possibly his address.

It could be that his sight has failed, making it impossible for him to
see and write e-mails, otherwise he would have popped up here subsequent
to the last date recorded. Don't want to be morose, but should you have
no luck from a phone call, extreme maybe, but knowing his phone
number/address, contact a local cop shop near him, explain why you are
doing it and see if they could get somebody to mosey around and just do
a check.

Jimmy
From: me on
"James J. Gavan" <jgavandeletethis(a)shaw.ca> wrote in message
>I think it would be a joke if somebody suggested we were friends, but for
>the New Zealander. The last message I see from Bill Klein is dated 2009 Dec
>3. I've just had a response from Michael W. if he knew of any contacts in
>California who were personal friends of Bill during his M/F era. No luck.
>
> I only met him that once at J4 in 2000 at Newbury, but we didn't discuss
> where we lived, other than we were opposite sides of the 49th. I believe
> he might be in the Chicago area or Illinois, but that's a guess. As I
> recall you said you spoke to him once on the phone; hopefully you still
> have his telephone number and possibly his address.
>
> It could be that his sight has failed, making it impossible for him to see
> and write e-mails, otherwise he would have popped up here subsequent to
> the last date recorded. Don't want to be morose, but should you have no
> luck from a phone call, extreme maybe, but knowing his phone
> number/address, contact a local cop shop near him, explain why you are
> doing it and see if they could get somebody to mosey around and just do a
> check.
>
> Jimmy

There's a link on Bill Klein's Homepage to his nephew's Livejournal page -
last entry Sunday 21st Feb

http://brightorange14.livejournal.com/

You could use the Comment Section & ask him

From: me on
He posted on the 22nd Feb on

http://www.mombu.com/programming/t-sorting-a-whole-lotta-records-4135010-new.html

From: Pete Dashwood on
James J. Gavan wrote:
> I think it would be a joke if somebody suggested we were friends, but
> for the New Zealander. The last message I see from Bill Klein is dated
> 2009 Dec 3. I've just had a response from Michael W. if he knew of any
> contacts in California who were personal friends of Bill during his
> M/F era. No luck.
>
> I only met him that once at J4 in 2000 at Newbury, but we didn't
> discuss where we lived, other than we were opposite sides of the
> 49th. I believe he might be in the Chicago area or Illinois, but
> that's a guess. As I recall you said you spoke to him once on the
> phone; hopefully you still have his telephone number and possibly his
> address.
> It could be that his sight has failed, making it impossible for him to
> see and write e-mails, otherwise he would have popped up here
> subsequent to the last date recorded. Don't want to be morose, but
> should you have no luck from a phone call, extreme maybe, but knowing
> his phone number/address, contact a local cop shop near him, explain
> why you are doing it and see if they could get somebody to mosey
> around and just do a check.
>
> Jimmy

I have been trying to contact Bill since just before Christmas and yes, I do
have his phone number.

I believe there may be cause for concern, but didn't want to raise that here
until it could be confirmed or discarded.

There has been a holiday period and I understand he may have been away
square dancing for some of that.

The nephew's web site is redirected and out of date.

If I get any news, I'll post it and would appreciate it if anyone else who
knows Bill could do the same.

He has been an invaluable poster here for many years and it would be a pity
to lose contact.

From: Pete Dashwood on
me wrote:
> He posted on the 22nd Feb on
>
> http://www.mombu.com/programming/t-sorting-a-whole-lotta-records-4135010-new.html

Excellent!

Thanks for that.

I have been running searches to no avail.

Pete.