From: Pete Dashwood on
James J. Gavan wrote:
> I think it would be a joke if somebody suggested we were friends, but
> for the New Zealander. The last message I see from Bill Klein is dated
> 2009 Dec 3. <snip>

I am very pleased to report that Bill is alive and well and going about his
life.

He hasn't been posting due to some technical difficulties and a busy
schedule with square dancing.

He tells me there has been a heavy snowfall today where he lives. I told him
I was looking at blue skies and 26 degrees... It is indeed a remarkable
world we live in.

No cause for concern, and I hope we'll be able to have his wise counsel for
many years to come.

Pete.

From: Anonymous on
In article <ca05bf03-8338-4991-b174-79fde2b85287(a)b18g2000vba.googlegroups.com>,
Robert Jones <rjones0(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>On Feb 23, 10:56?am, docdw...(a)panix.com () wrote:
>> In article <JpWdnWxcHbUW8B7WnZ2dnUVZ_oadn...(a)giganews.com>,
>> Arnold Trembley ?<arnold.tremb...(a)att.net> wrote:
>>
>> [snip]

[snip]

>I have just sent him a message on Facebook, so hopefully he will
>respond soon.

If he sees fit to respond and you to reply then please, by all means, feel
free to relay to him my good wishes for his sound health... and his
response will be, if all goes truly well, 'Who are you talking about?'

(if all goes truly well then one should be doing things more important
than remembering one as insignificant as I)

DD
From: Anonymous on
In article <7ulqh3F814U1(a)mid.individual.net>,
Pete Dashwood <dashwood(a)removethis.enternet.co.nz> wrote:
>James J. Gavan wrote:
>> I think it would be a joke if somebody suggested we were friends, but
>> for the New Zealander. The last message I see from Bill Klein is dated
>> 2009 Dec 3. <snip>
>
>I am very pleased to report that Bill is alive and well and going about his
>life.

I have been informed that the appropriate wish, for some folks, is 'he
should live until he is one hundred and twenty-one years old'.

DD

From: James J. Gavan on
Pete Dashwood wrote:
> James J. Gavan wrote:
>
>>I think it would be a joke if somebody suggested we were friends, but
>>for the New Zealander. The last message I see from Bill Klein is dated
>>2009 Dec 3. <snip>
>

> I am very pleased to report that Bill is alive and well and going about his
> life.
>
> He hasn't been posting due to some technical difficulties and a busy
> schedule with square dancing.
>
> He tells me there has been a heavy snowfall today where he lives. I told him
> I was looking at blue skies and 26 degrees... It is indeed a remarkable
> world we live in.
>
> No cause for concern, and I hope we'll be able to have his wise counsel for
> many years to come.
>
> Pete.

Excellent ! Thanks for following up on that.

Jimmy
From: Pete Dashwood on
docdwarf(a)panix.com wrote:
> In article <7ulqh3F814U1(a)mid.individual.net>,
> Pete Dashwood <dashwood(a)removethis.enternet.co.nz> wrote:
>> James J. Gavan wrote:
>>> I think it would be a joke if somebody suggested we were friends,
>>> but for the New Zealander. The last message I see from Bill Klein
>>> is dated 2009 Dec 3. <snip>
>>
>> I am very pleased to report that Bill is alive and well and going
>> about his life.
>
> I have been informed that the appropriate wish, for some folks, is 'he
> should live until he is one hundred and twenty-one years old'.
>
> DD

In your case, Doc, two hundred and forty-two... :-)

Pete.