From: Pete Dashwood on
James J. Gavan wrote:
> Pete Dashwood wrote:
>> James J. Gavan wrote:
>>
>>> I think it would be a joke if somebody suggested we were friends,
>>> but for the New Zealander. The last message I see from Bill Klein
>>> is dated 2009 Dec 3. <snip>
>>

>> I am very pleased to report that Bill is alive and well and going
>> about his life.
>>
>> He hasn't been posting due to some technical difficulties and a busy
>> schedule with square dancing.
>>
>> He tells me there has been a heavy snowfall today where he lives. I
>> told him I was looking at blue skies and 26 degrees... It is indeed
>> a remarkable world we live in.
>>
>> No cause for concern, and I hope we'll be able to have his wise
>> counsel for many years to come.
>>
>> Pete.
>
> Excellent ! Thanks for following up on that.
>
> Jimmy

No thanks required; I was doing it anyway... :-)

Pete.

From: Howard Brazee on
On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 23:34:22 +0000 (UTC), docdwarf(a)panix.com () wrote:

>I have been informed that the appropriate wish, for some folks, is 'he
>should live until he is one hundred and twenty-one years old'.

For people I like such as him, I would hesitate to make such a wish
that could turn into a curse.

- James Madison
From: Howard Brazee on
On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 12:20:00 +1300, "Pete Dashwood"
<dashwood(a)removethis.enternet.co.nz> wrote:

>He hasn't been posting due to some technical difficulties and a busy
>schedule with square dancing.

No technical square dancing issues?

- James Madison
From: SkippyPB on
On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 08:17:45 -0700, Howard Brazee <howard(a)brazee.net>
wrote:

>On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 12:20:00 +1300, "Pete Dashwood"
><dashwood(a)removethis.enternet.co.nz> wrote:
>
>>He hasn't been posting due to some technical difficulties and a busy
>>schedule with square dancing.
>
>No technical square dancing issues?

I know Bill is partially blind so, apparently, you don't need full
vision to square dance. You just got to hope that's an arm you grab
when you're dosey doo-ing with a female. :)

Glad to hear Bill is alright.

Regards,
--
////
(o o)

WOODY: "What's the story Mr. Peterson?"
NORM: "The Bobbsey twins go to the brewery. Let's cut to the happy
ending."
--From USA TV Sitcom "Cheers"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remove nospam to email me.

Steve
From: Anonymous on
In article <k25do555d4tmh3jo7pomrlc2ntvoket78k(a)4ax.com>,
Howard Brazee <howard(a)brazee.net> wrote:
>On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 23:34:22 +0000 (UTC), docdwarf(a)panix.com () wrote:
>
>>I have been informed that the appropriate wish, for some folks, is 'he
>>should live until he is one hundred and twenty-one years old'.
>
>For people I like such as him, I would hesitate to make such a wish
>that could turn into a curse.

I would hope that should Life be seen as a curse, Mr Brazee, that
sufficient Mind - either of the Living or those surrounding - remains to
make things otherwise.

DD