From: M2nns on
After trying to install a wireless phone sync program, they couldn't make it
work and had me uninstall it. I now get - "The add-in "C:\Program
Files\Wireless Sync\Client\PortalWizard.dll" could not be installed or
loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help
menu." If I click okay, the error goes away and I can get into Outlook.
However, I can not edit my contacts and it takes several tries to add
appointments. Do I have to uninstall and reinstall Office to get it to work
correctly again?
From: Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] on
Close Outlook - find and rename extend.dat to .old. Reopen Outlook.

--?
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, M2nns asked:

From: M2nns on
Thank you so much, you are wonderful! Outlook opened perfectly. M

From: Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] on
You're welcome - life just isn't worth living without Outlook, no? :)

--?