From: adsomers on
I'm hoping someone can answer this simple question

my CComboBox subclass has the following styles:

WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_VSCROLL | CBS_DROPDOWNLIST |
CBS_OWNERDRAWFIXED | CBS_HASSTRINGS

In it, OnPaint() and DrawItem() are overridden. OnPaint() draws the
backgroud and 'frame' of the control. DrawItem() draws the contents of
the static control within the frame and the contents of the list box
when it is dropped-down. The problem is this:

When another window covers the static control portion of the combo box
(partially or otherwise) and is removed, no redraw occurs within the
static control of the ComboBox. Also, when the program's window is
resized, the text in this region disappears.

I think it either has something to do with DrawItem() not getting
called when the combo's client rect is invalidated, or the static
control's client doesn't get invalidated.

I'm pretty confused about this one because I've looked at some examples
that are very similar to what I'm doing and I can't cause this problem
to happen in them.