From: AndyPandy on
No matter what I set the reminder time to in tools>options>calender
when I try to add a calender item it always defaults to 18 hours
unless I untick the reminder option altogether.

Also is there way to stop new calender items defaulting to
'all day event'? This is very frustrating.

Thank you,
AndyPandy
AndyPandy
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"AndyPandy" <bogus(a)bogus.com> wrote in message

> No matter what I set the reminder time to in tools>options>calender
> when I try to add a calender item it always defaults to 18 hours
> unless I untick the reminder option altogether.
>
> Also is there way to stop new calender items defaulting to
> 'all day event'? This is very frustrating.

All-day events will always have a default reminder time of 18 hours. That's
nt modifiable. You will always get an all-day event when you double-click the
calendar in a view that does not show the time scale. If you were to
double-click the calendar in a view that shows the time scale (the Day view or
the Week view) or, instead of double-clicking the calendar date, click the New
button instead, you would get a timed event with a default reminder time that
matches the default reminder time you specified on Tools>Optons.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: bucky3 on
On Feb 24, 2:16 am, AndyPandy <bo...(a)bogus.com> wrote:
> Also is there way to stop new calender items defaulting to
>  'all day event'? This is very frustrating.

This works in 2003, so you could probably add a shortcut to the 2007
Quick Access toolbar as well:

I added a icon to the toolbar for "New Meeting Request". When I click
that (or shortcut ctrl+shift+Q), it gives me the meeting dialog
without all day event. This works even if I am in month view.