From: Charles on
On Feb 24, 2:31 pm, "Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]"
<tillman1...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> "AndyPandy" <bo...(a)bogus.com> wrote in message

> > No matter what I set the reminder time to in tools>options>calender
> > when I try to add a calender item it always defaults to 18 hours
> > unless I untick the reminder option altogether.
>
> > Also is there way to stop new calender items defaulting to
> > 'all day event'? This is very frustrating.
>
> All-day events will always have a default reminder time of 18 hours.  That's
> nt modifiable.  You will always get an all-day event when you double-click the
> calendar in a view that does not show the time scale.  If you were to
> double-click the calendar in a view that shows the time scale (the Day view or
> the Week view) or, instead of double-clicking the calendar date, click the New
> button instead, you would get a timed event with a default reminder time that
> matches the default reminder time you specified on Tools>Optons.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Brian,
Please request MS to change the default 18hrs in 12 hrs. Because this
little change results in a midday reminder iso early morning at 6.
And this will be a great help.

Rgds Charles
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Charles" <crdehond(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> Please request MS to change the default 18hrs in 12 hrs. Because this
> little change results in a midday reminder iso early morning at 6.
> And this will be a great help.

As I said to you by private email, if I can, I will, but my path to Microsoft
developers is not much more direct that what you might have. Personally, I'd
love to be able to control the default reminder time for all-day events.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]