From: RizFra on
Hi,
I have a problem when try to connect to a terminal session with remote
control in Terminal Service Manager; the error is

Session (ID xx) remote control failed.
(Error 5 - access is denied)

My termial server is Windows 2000 SP4 and the terminal client are win 2K/XP

Does anyone know what can I do to solve this problem?

Please HELP me!

Many Thanks
Francesco Rizza

From: Vera Noest [MVP] on
Are you trying to remote control the session from the console? That
is not possible.
Have you checked your permissions?

232792 - HOW TO: Use the Terminal Services Remote Control Feature
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=232792

Vera Noest
TS troubleshooting: http://ts.veranoest.net
SQL troubleshooting: http://sql.veranoest.net
___ please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ___

=?Utf-8?B?Uml6RnJh?= <RizFra(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on
22 feb 2006 in microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services:

From: RizFra on
Hi Vera,
I have already checked my permission but the error still remaining.

other ideas or possible reasons???

Many tanks
Francesco

From: Vera Noest [MVP] on
How about this:

>> Are you trying to remote control the session from the console?
>> That is not possible.

Vera Noest
TS troubleshooting: http://ts.veranoest.net
SQL troubleshooting: http://sql.veranoest.net

=?Utf-8?B?Uml6RnJh?= <RizFra(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on
23 feb 2006:

From: RizFra on
Hi Vera,
I'm trying to remote the session from "Terminal services session Manager"

Start->Programs->Administrative Tools->Terminal Service Manager
right click on user/session (that is active)

and the error is

Session (ID xx) remote control failed.
(Error 5 - access is denied)

Thanks