From: johnlute on
I have a combobox [cbqrytypes] that I use to filter a form
[frmPackaging]. [cbqrytypes] has this simple AfterUpdate event:
Private Sub cbqrytypes_AfterUpdate()
Me.cbProfileID.Requery
Forms![frmPackaging].Form.Refresh
Forms![frmPackaging].Form.Requery
End Sub

The Record Source for [frmPackaging] has [cbqrytypes] in it so
everything works just dandy. The challenge is clearing the filter
after opening [frmPackaging] from another form. For example, I have
other forms with double-click events that will open [frmPackaging] and
filter to the primary key value which displays in [cbProfileID]. After
this when I try to change the value in [cbqrytypes] then weird things
happen because the form's filter is already set.

I've tried Me.Filter = "" in the above AfterUpdate but that does
absolutely nothing.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated!
From: Arvin Meyer [MVP] on
Try:

DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdRemoveAllFilters
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

From: johnlute on
Hi, Arvin. Thanks for the insight!

I tried that but I'm using Access 2003 and it didn't recognize it. In
fact, it's not in the dropdown list of options.

I gave this a try:
DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdRemoveFilterSort

No good.

I tinkered around a bit more and this did the trick:
DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdRefresh

Thanks!

From: johnlute on
FYI the DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdRefresh worked but then it changewd its
mind and decided not to!

From: Arvin Meyer [MVP] on
Sorry acCmdRemoveAllFilters must be an Access 2007 command.
acCmdRemoveFilterSort should work. Where are you using it? It should be on
the form that's been filtered.