From: fishy on
Yes, this remains constant, only the date then time is variable after the
underscore.

From: Stuart McCall on
> Yes, this remains constant, only the date then time is variable after the
> underscore.

No problem, then.

Dim strOldName As String, strNewName As String
Dim strPath As String, i As Long

strPath = "C:\Temp\" 'Change this to the correct path
strOldName = "ICM_AMS_MS_Call_Stats_01011901000000.csv"

For i = 1 To Len(strOldName)
If IsNumeric(Mid$(strOldName, i, 1)) Then
Exit For
End If
Next
strNewName = Left$(strOldName, i - 2)

Kill strNewName
Name strPath & strOldName As strPath & strNewName

What the above code does is to look down the string till it finds a numeric
character, then assigns the leftmost part of strOldName (minus the numeric
and the underscore) to strNewName.

Then it deletes ICM_AMS_MS_Call_Stats because it'll always be the same name.
Then it renames the file as you require.

The above is untested because I have to rush out. Hope it helps you.

From: fishy on
This is debugging at the kill function as its trying to kill the new named
file.