From: fix me on
Hello,

Maybe you guys can help me. Is there a way rename the worksheet tabs
in an Excel file that I've already created?

Example...

I've already created a fancy Excel report using SSRS. The problem
is...SSRS has no way to rename the 10 worksheet tabs to more
meaningful names.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
From: "David Biddulph" groups [at] on
Double-click on the tab. That will let you rename the sheet.
Alternatively, right-click on the tab, and choose "Rename" from the menu.
--
David Biddulph

From: Gord Dibben on
What would be more meaningful names?

Say you have a list of meaningful names in A1:A10 of Sheet1

Sub NameWS()
'name sheets with list in A1:A10 on first sheet
On Error Resume Next
For i = 1 To Worksheets.Count
Sheets(i).Name = Sheets(1).Cells(i, 1).Value
Next i
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP