From: Girl on
I was hoping that this would work for me, but unfortunately there are not two wlanapi.dll files present.

I have updated drivers, but that has not resolved the issue either.

turfsurf wrote:

DLink GWL-G630 Entry Point Problem - wlanapi.dll
22-Oct-08

"...could not be located in the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll"
I had this same problem after upgrading to sp3.I have a D-Link AirPlus G DWL-G510 Wireless pci adapter.(DESKTOP PC)
A very simple fix is to:

1.Boot in safemode with networking (F8 on start up)
2.Go to C:\WINDOWS\system32
3.You will probably find two "wlanapi.dll"
that is: wlanapi.dll and wlanapi(2).dll
4.wlanapi(2).dll is from sp3 (didn't overwrite
previous one.)
5.Delete wlanapi.dll and rename wlanapi(2).dll to
wlanapi.dll and reboot.
6.Worked fine for me

On Tuesday, May 06, 2008 5:21 AM
Duckysan wrote:

DLink GWL-G630 Entry Point Problem - wlanapi.dll
Since upgrading my Acer laptop (Travelmate 2300) to XP SP3, I cannot use the
Dlink utility. I receive the following error:

'The procedure entry point apsGetInterfaceCount could not be located in the
dynamic link library wlanapi.dll'
I have removed and re-installed the drivers/software, but no improvement.
Web search suggests compatibility problem with Dlink driver/dll.
Whilst I still have wireless connectivity, the Dlink utilities do not work.
It seems this is an SP3 issue - other users report the issue is resolved if
they revert back to SP2.
There must be a better resolution!

On Tuesday, May 06, 2008 7:29 AM
Barb Bowman wrote:

either use Windows native WZC features to manage the wireless(uninstall the
either use Windows native WZC features to manage the wireless
(uninstall the utility and keep the wireless) or contact D-Link
support/search their downloads for a fixed version.

On Tue, 6 May 2008 02:21:01 -0700, Duckysan1
<Duckysan1(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

--

Barb Bowman
MS-MVP

On Tuesday, May 06, 2008 10:08 AM
Duckysan wrote:

Thanks for the comments.It seems XPSP3 adds a new version of wlanapi.
Thanks for the comments.
It seems XPSP3 adds a new version of wlanapi.dll that conflicts and replaces
the Dlink DLL. I have written to Dlink, but am not holding my breath. The
following appears on the 'Tech ARP' site:

"Windows XP SP3 introduces a new .dll file that is named Wlanapi.dll.
Certain device driver installations for some third-party wireless network
adapters also install a Wlanapi.dll which will be replaced by SP3 resulting
in errors.

This error message will appear during every restart after you install
Windows XP Service Pack 3 : "The procedure entry point apsSearchInterface
could not be located in the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll"

Impact : Low ??? Obtaining updated drivers for the WLAN device resolves this
issue
KB Content : KB 950720"

I'll check it out.

"Barb Bowman" wrote:

On Tuesday, May 06, 2008 5:50 PM
Pavel A. wrote:

Wlanapi.
Wlanapi.dll is part of the new wireless API introduced quite long
ago in KB918997, and now integrated into SP3.

The Dlink package could include some other version of this dll,
because the Microsoft's wlanapi.dll does not have export
function named "apsSearchInterface".
IMHO Dlink should work with MS to resolve this issue.

Regards,
--PA

"Duckysan1" <Duckysan1(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

On Wednesday, May 07, 2008 4:40 AM
Barb Bowman wrote:

It isn't just D-Link, that utility is supplied by the wirelesschipset
It isn't just D-Link, that utility is supplied by the wireless
chipset manufacturer and customized by multiple folks using that
chipset. When they get bits from the source...

On Wed, 7 May 2008 00:50:48 +0300, "Pavel A."
<pavel_a(a)NOwritemeNO.com> wrote:

--

Barb Bowman
MS-MVP

On Friday, May 09, 2008 10:13 AM
ciccio formaggio wrote:

DLink GWL-G630 Entry Point Problem - wlanapi.dll
The solution is much more simpler and is reported here
http://kb.cadzow.com.au:15384/Cadzow/details.aspx?ID=1898

On Friday, May 09, 2008 10:16 AM
ciccio wrote:

DLink GWL-G630 Entry Point Problem - wlanapi.dll - Duckysan
The solution is here
http://kb.cadzow.com.au:15384/Cadzow/details.aspx?ID=1898

The D-Link AirPlus Utility does not work with Windows XP Service Pack 3. Upon loading, it displays: ?AirGCFG.exe - Entry Point Not Found. The procedure enry point apsGetInterfaceCount could not be located in the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll.?.
A workaround is to use the pre-SP3 version of wlanapi.dll and place it in the appropriate directories. Upon loading, this version of the file will be used instead of the version in the System32 directory.

xcopy %Windir%\$NtServicePackUninstall$\wlanapi.dll "%ProgramFiles%\D-Link\AirPlus G"
xcopy %Windir%\$NtServicePackUninstall$\wlanapi.dll "%ProgramFiles%\ANI\ANIWZCS2"

On Sunday, June 01, 2008 8:58 PM
rmsanangel wrote:

can you please post the exact steps to fix this?
can you please post the exact steps to fix this? I need help, thanks!

"ciccio" wrote:

On Saturday, June 14, 2008 7:58 PM
Sergey wrote:

RE: DLink GWL-G630 Entry Point Problem - wlanapi.dll - Duckysan
Unfortunately for my DI-624 did not work.

"ciccio" wrote:

On Sunday, June 15, 2008 6:09 AM
Barb Bowman wrote:

the DI-624 is a router, not a wireless card.
the DI-624 is a router, not a wireless card. You need to start a new
thread and describe the issue you are having and include the info on
the wireless card you are using.

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 16:58:00 -0700, Sergey U.
<SergeyU(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

--

Barb Bowman
MS-MVP

On Sunday, June 15, 2008 10:55 AM
Sergey wrote:

Re: DLink GWL-G630 Entry Point Problem - wlanapi.dll - Duckysan
Sorry, I put wrong data : indeed I have a wireless card DWL-G520 rev.B, with
which the problem is associated ( on top of that, yes, I have a router DI-624
but it does not relates to the issue :) ).

I updated DWL-G520 rev.B driver to version 4.40 ,as prescribed on
www.dlynk.com, for SP3 upgrades, and I still got two messages:

AirPlusCFG.exe Entry Point Not found apsGetInterfaceCount not located in the
dynamic link library wlanapi.dll

WZCSLDR2.exe Entry Point Not found aosInitialize not located in the dynamic
link library wlanapi.dll

So, the problem looks to be same as described above.

I tried to copy files as suggested above , did not work...

"Barb Bowman" wrote:

On Sunday, June 15, 2008 4:09 PM
Barb Bowman wrote:

you don't actually need the DLink utility to manage the wireless.
you don't actually need the DLink utility to manage the wireless.
you can use Windows built in features to do that. you can uninstall
the AirPlus config utility.

On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 07:55:00 -0700, Sergey U.
<SergeyU(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

--

Barb Bowman
MS-MVP

On Wednesday, October 22, 2008 11:13 AM
turfsurf wrote:

DLink GWL-G630 Entry Point Problem - wlanapi.dll
"...could not be located in the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll"
I had this same problem after upgrading to sp3.I have a D-Link AirPlus G DWL-G510 Wireless pci adapter.(DESKTOP PC)
A very simple fix is to:

1.Boot in safemode with networking (F8 on start up)
2.Go to C:\WINDOWS\system32
3.You will probably find two "wlanapi.dll"
that is: wlanapi.dll and wlanapi(2).dll
4.wlanapi(2).dll is from sp3 (didn't overwrite
previous one.)
5.Delete wlanapi.dll and rename wlanapi(2).dll to
wlanapi.dll and reboot.
6.Worked fine for me

On Tuesday, November 25, 2008 8:34 AM
leylan wrote:

RE: DLink GWL-G630 Entry Point Problem - wlanapi.dll
"Duckysan1" wrote:

On Tuesday, November 25, 2008 8:46 AM
leylan wrote:

On booting up I am shown the WZCSLDR2/WLANAPI.DlL/apsGetReady.
On booting up I am shown the WZCSLDR2/WLANAPI.DlL/apsGetReady. I've tride to
remove this no joy. I then discover that there are spyware companies claiming
to be able to remove this, of course for a fee. Do these work ?.
Just what is Windows doing to resolve this problem. Are they working on this
as we speak. Come on Windows you must be aware of this problem, give us an
answer.

On Tuesday, November 25, 2008 8:51 AM
R. McCarty wrote:

Not a Windows/Microsoft issue at all.
Not a Windows/Microsoft issue at all. You have a support applet for
a Wireless card that is attempting to start at boot. Either the .Dll is not
found or the registration for it is missing/incorrect.
Several options - either use Windows Native Wireless to control the
device or check your card's vendor website for an updated driver &
support applet.

"leyland" <leyland(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

On Tuesday, November 25, 2008 9:44 AM
Richard in AZ wrote:

Actually it is a Microsoft/Windows issue.
Actually it is a Microsoft/Windows issue. They rewrote a dll file, that Dlink was using, with the
issue of SP3.
The new dll file is not compatible with the DLink drivers.
However DLink should now have a patch, or new driver, for their card. But seems they don't care
about some older cards.
Going to "msconfig" and turning off the DLink monitoring software stops the nag window and does not
stop the card operation.

"R. McCarty" <PcEngWork-NoSpam_(a)mindspring.com> wrote in message

On Tuesday, November 25, 2008 9:51 AM
R. McCarty wrote:

Thanks for the additional info, wasn't aware of the circumstances of the.Dll.
Thanks for the additional info, was not aware of the circumstances of the
..Dll.

On Wednesday, November 26, 2008 9:00 PM
Kelly wrote:

Beta tester are you?
Beta tester are you? <eg>

--

All the Best and Happy Turkey Day,
Kelly (MS-MVP/DTS&XP)

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

On Thursday, November 27, 2008 7:47 AM
leylan wrote:

On Thursday, November 27, 2008 8:00 AM
leylan wrote:

Yes we are all aware of the problem with apsGetReady.
Yes we are all aware of the problem with apsGetReady.
Everybody has their own solution, blogging does not solve it.
Simple question, what is MICROSOFT doing to resolve this. Could MICROSOFT
make an official statement. If WZCSLDR2i s not within their remit then we can
seek the answer elsewhere.

On Friday, November 28, 2008 10:30 AM
Pavel A. wrote:

Re: DLink GWL-G630 Entry Point Problem - wlanapi.dll
Please, locate WZCSLDR2i.DLL on your machine and open it is properties.
Is the company name on the Version tab Microsoft?

--PA

On Saturday, December 27, 2008 5:55 AM
Ja wrote:

I fixed problem by uninstalling SP3. Easiest way to fix problem what MS made.
I fixed problem by uninstalling SP3. Easiest way to fix problem what MS made.

-Jaf

"Pavel A." wrote:

On Saturday, December 27, 2008 6:00 AM
Jafari wrote:

I checked wlanapi.dll and it seems that SP3 version of it is made by MicroSoft.
I checked wlanapi.dll and it seems that SP3 version of it is made by
MicroSoft. I hope MS fix this conflict, otherwice I cant install SP3 back.

BR
Jaf

"Pavel A." wrote:

WPF GridView Sample To Insert, Update, and Delete Records
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/fc9a5bf6-f5bb-4443-a92a-c9a46fd3aeb2/wpf-gridview-sample-to-in.aspx