From: UKMAN on
Roger,

many thanks but all I get is zeros? I have ensured that the date start etc
are covered by the month end dates:) (d1:01)

suggesttions:(

Cheers

From: UKMAN on
Herbert

Thanks but I am trying to keep away from pivot tables and also it has to be
done in 2003. I know 2003 has pivot tables :) but I have to poduce a simple
report for the users to see.

UKMAN1

From: UKMAN on
Roger,

We are nearly there as I have cured the error I mentioned before. :) Many
thanks

As i am colating the individuals total values of the rows into 1 line of the
report I need to match the name see below my addition to your formula.

{=IF($H$16:$H$30=A4,SUMPRODUCT(--ISNUMBER(MATCH(ROW(INDIRECT($B4&":"&$C4)),ROW(INDIRECT(DATE(YEAR(D$1),MONTH(D$1),0)+1&":"&D$1)),0))),)}

H16:h30 is a list of names, A4 is the name of the student on the row that
the course dates are for.
Using your formula I can divide the dates over the months but for some
reason when I try to match a name (a4) against the list (h16:h30) I only ever
match the first name i.e. what is in h16??? other wise I get a "FALSE"
statement.

Ideas please....

Cheers
UKMAN

From: UKMAN on
Roger

sorry about this but I have noticed that your formula includes weekend days
not just working days :) is there a way of using networkdays with this so
only shows working days in the result???

cheers

UKMAN1