From: Iris on
I am very new to this. I have been using outlook express and havent had a
problem until I moved my computer. Everything is back working except I cant
send out messages. it gives error code task'mail.comcast.net (0x8000CCC78)
says cannot send message verify email address. the server responded 5.1.0
authentication required. message still come in, but cant go out.

email address is the same in there, and comcast claims it is not their issue
but check with microsoft.

thanks for any help and time!

--
Blessings,
Iris
From: K. Orland on
Are you still using Outlook Express? If so, this is the wrong newsgroup.
Outlook Express is part of Internet Explorer, not Microsoft Office. You need
to post in the appropriate OE newsgroup.

If you're now using Microsoft Outlook, please post the version (Help >
About).

--
Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

From: K. Orland on
PS It's likely not a Microsoft issue, it's more than likely you haven't set
authentication to your outgoing SMTP email server.