From: Flipper on
I have a PC that will no longer print from IE6, prints everything else just
fine but print from IE invokes the error message in the subject bar. The
error also refers to Line228
Char1
Interface not registered
Code 0
res://C:\windows\system32\shdoclc.dll/preview.dlg

Same for anyone who uses the PC, is there a fix?

Thanks

mark
From: Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP] on
Flipper wrote:

> I have a PC that will no longer print from IE6, prints everything else
> just fine but print from IE invokes the error message in the subject bar.
> The error also refers to Line228
> Char1
> Interface not registered
> Code 0
> res://C:\windows\system32\shdoclc.dll/preview.dlg
>
> Same for anyone who uses the PC, is there a fix?
>
> Thanks
>
> mark

Start -> Run -> Type "regsvr32 ole32.dll" (without quotes) -> Ok.
Reboot.
See: http://www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#12

--
Vincenzo Di Russo

From: Flipper on
I have tried that, it didn't make any difference. Anybody got any more ideas?
Thanks

Mark

From: Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP] on
Flipper wrote:

> I have tried that, it didn't make any difference. Anybody got any more
> ideas? Thanks

Windows version, please?
Is IE configured as your "Default browser"?

1. Start | Run | (type or copy/paste) regsvr32 /i mshtml.dll | OK

2. Start | Run | (type or copy/paste) regsvr32 /i shdocvw.dll | OK

[Thanks Robear]

--
Vincenzo Di Russo

From: Flipper on
Okay I hve now tried that as well and the dlls register fine but the problem
still exists.

The OS is XP pro SP3

Any more ideas before I have to do a rebuild?

Thanks

Mark