From: petra bäckström on
On on e resource in the resource sheet i get the highlight that i should be
levered based on a Day to day seeting- What do i need to do?
--
Petra
From: JulieS on
Petra,

The message is an indication that the resource is overallocated
-- or has more work assigned than the resource can do. The first
thing is to use Project to help you discover what precisely is
causing the issue and then you decide whether you wish to fix it
and how.

Show the Resource Management toolbar and on click the "Resource
Allocation" button to show the Resource Allocation view --
Resource Usage view over the leveling Gantt. Scroll to the
beginning of your project if needed. Click the "Go to Next
Overallocation" button to have Project find the first
Overallocation. Review the assignments for the resource. It's
likely two are over lapping and causing the total resource
assignment units to exceed the max. units you set when you
created the resource.

You need to then decide if the overallocation is one you wish to
fix. If you consider it to be within reasonable bounds, you may
choose to simply ignore it. If you wish to fix it you have
several options:
Re-assign one of the tasks to another resource.
Drop assignment units on the tasks to solve the overallocation.
Use the Resource Leveling command to attempt to delay one of the
tasks to solve the overallocation.

You'll also find some good guidance in Help under "overallocations".

I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along.

Julie
Project MVP

Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
information about Microsoft Project

On 6/3/2010 3:45 AM, petra bäckström wrote:
> On on e resource in the resource sheet i get the highlight that i should be
> levered based on a Day to day seeting- What do i need to do?

Pages: 1
Prev: project 2007 question
Next: Resource message