From: Holy Harmonica Holy on
Please forgive me for asking: Why can't we just specify the "available from"
and "available to" dates for resources. Why do we have to also put
exceptions in their calanders? Thanks. Geoffrey

From: Rob Schneider on
Simple: it's this way because this how the programmers who made this
calendar interface in Project did it. Been this way since the early
days of Project.

I can envision how one might build your own interface in VBA to specify
resource availability this way and have our VBA code modify the
calendars accordingly. If it's important to you, you can do it.

--rms

www.rmschneider.com

From: JulieS on
Hi Geoffrey,
By specifying non-working time, Project will automatically adjust
the schedule of the task. Simply specifying available from and
available to dates does not do this -- it will just flag the
resource as overallocated and then you'll need to correct it.

So exceptions are more efficient.

I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along.

Julie
Project MVP

Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
information about Microsoft Project