From: weldat on
Hi every body;
i am working on xilinx EDK with MicroBlaze soft core processor. i am using
Virtex 5 ML506 platform studio and my EDK is EDK 9.2
on this processor i am downloading C code for Elliptic curve diffie-hellman
key exchange and it is done but result is not displayed on the
hyperterminal so is there any body who can help me how to fix my problem?
but the connetion of the RS232_uart is working properly i have checked it
with simple C code. the baud rate is all ok
thank you in advance.
kind regards
weldat

---------------------------------------
Posted through http://www.FPGARelated.com
From: David Brown on
On 26/03/2010 10:38, weldat wrote:
> Hi every body;
> i am working on xilinx EDK with MicroBlaze soft core processor. i am using
> Virtex 5 ML506 platform studio and my EDK is EDK 9.2
> on this processor i am downloading C code for Elliptic curve diffie-hellman
> key exchange and it is done but result is not displayed on the
> hyperterminal so is there any body who can help me how to fix my problem?
> but the connetion of the RS232_uart is working properly i have checked it
> with simple C code. the baud rate is all ok
> thank you in advance.
> kind regards
> weldat

I have no idea about your system, but hyperterminal is notoriously
unreliable and entirely unsuitable to embedded development. Try a
decent terminal emulator first to eliminate that source of problem.
Many people (including me) like Tera Term Pro, but there are hundreds of
alternatives.

From: John_H on
On Mar 26, 5:38 am, "weldat"
<gwelekiros(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.n_o_s_p_a_m.gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi every body;
> i am working on xilinx EDK with MicroBlaze soft core processor. i am using
> Virtex 5 ML506 platform studio and my EDK is EDK 9.2
> on this processor i am downloading C code for Elliptic curve diffie-hellman
> key exchange and it is done but result is not displayed on the
> hyperterminal so is there any body who can help me how to fix my problem?
> but the connetion of the RS232_uart is working properly i have checked it
> with simple C code. the baud rate is all ok
> thank you in advance.
> kind regards
> weldat
>
> ---------------------------------------
> Posted throughhttp://www.FPGARelated.com

I saw a thread recently where hyperterminal was dropping data. It
turned out hyperterminal wasn't treating the hex '00 values as data
despite the attempts to make the transfer "binary" and gummed up the
whole effort.

If you're using raw data, perhaps you should change to where you
transfer ASCII hex characters instead. In pseudocode: 4'h0 == 8'c"0",
4'hf == 8'c"F"
From: Nico Coesel on
"weldat" <gwelekiros(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.n_o_s_p_a_m.gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi every body;
>i am working on xilinx EDK with MicroBlaze soft core processor. i am using
>Virtex 5 ML506 platform studio and my EDK is EDK 9.2
>on this processor i am downloading C code for Elliptic curve diffie-hellman
>key exchange and it is done but result is not displayed on the
>hyperterminal so is there any body who can help me how to fix my problem?
>but the connetion of the RS232_uart is working properly i have checked it
>with simple C code. the baud rate is all ok
>thank you in advance.

Short pins 2 & 3 on the plug to see if characters get echoed when
typing.

nico(a)nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
From: weldat on
>On 26/03/2010 10:38, weldat wrote:
>> Hi every body;
>> i am working on xilinx EDK with MicroBlaze soft core processor. i am
using
>> Virtex 5 ML506 platform studio and my EDK is EDK 9.2
>> on this processor i am downloading C code for Elliptic curve
diffie-hellman
>> key exchange and it is done but result is not displayed on the
>> hyperterminal so is there any body who can help me how to fix my
problem?
>> but the connetion of the RS232_uart is working properly i have checked
it
>> with simple C code. the baud rate is all ok
>> thank you in advance.
>> kind regards
>> weldat
>
>I have no idea about your system, but hyperterminal is notoriously
>unreliable and entirely unsuitable to embedded development. Try a
>decent terminal emulator first to eliminate that source of problem.
>Many people (including me) like Tera Term Pro, but there are hundreds of
>alternatives.
>
>but when i power ON the FPGA(xilinx virtex 5 ML506)welcome to xilinx
virtex 5 is displayed on the hyperterminal.the problem is when download the
C code for the elliptic curve diffie hellman key exchange on the FPGA the
LEDs are blinking showing that downloading is performed bur the result of
the code is not displayed on the hyperterminal.even i have checked for
simple C codes of secure hash algorithm(SHA)and it works and result is
displyed on the hyperterminal.
but till now i did not fix why it is not displaying result of the elliptic
curvr diffie hellman key exchange.
thank you
weldat

Posted through http://www.FPGARelated.com