From: JLGWhiz on
I doen't make much difference what method is used to shade the rows. As
soon as a copy and paste action is taken, the format of the destination cell
is wiped out.. The cell shading adds bytes to the file size without really
adding any value. It is useful for printing large tables of numerical data
so it will be easy to read the hard copy without jumping to the wrong line.
But if it is only for aesthetic purposes, it can be more trouble than it is
worth.

From: Jock on
I hear you.
However, its a big old sheet which will be on a public computer therefore I
need row banding to help users.
Using a command button, I was hoping to apply banding regardless of the
formatting copied and pasted in. It fails at the
Selection.FormatConditions.Add Type line:

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

Dim Sh As Worksheet 'source sheet
Dim lngLastRow As Long

Set Sh = ActiveWorkbook.ActiveSheet
lngLastRow = Sh.Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
Range("A4:E" & lngLastRow).Activate
'Selection.FormatConditions.Delete
Selection.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression,
Formula1:="=(MOD(ROW(),2)=0"

Selection.FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 24
End Sub
--
Traa Dy Liooar

Jock

From: Jim Cone on

Remove the first parenthesis so it looks like...
Formula1:="=MOD(ROW(),2)=0"

Also, you might want to try out my commercial Excel add-in "Shade Data Rows".
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"JLGWhiz" wrote:

> I doen't make much difference what method is used to shade the rows. As
> soon as a copy and paste action is taken, the format of the destination cell
> is wiped out.. The cell shading adds bytes to the file size without really
> adding any value. It is useful for printing large tables of numerical data
> so it will be easy to read the hard copy without jumping to the wrong line.
> But if it is only for aesthetic purposes, it can be more trouble than it is
> worth.
>

> "Jock" <Jock(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks but these are all CF solutions and as such, can be deleted/removed.
> > require something which cannot change regardless of whether the user
> > applies
> > a filter, sorts a selection or copies formatting from a different sheet.
> > Any suggestions welcomed.
> > --
> > Traa Dy Liooar
> >
> > Jock
> >

> > "JLGWhiz" wrote:
> >
> >> See "Shading Alternate Rows in an Excel Worksheet" in the Excel help
> >> menu.
> >>

> >> "Jock" <Jock(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>

> .

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2