From: mizrahi_lior on
Hello,

My design is an spartan 3 with MicroBlaze.
I'm running functional simulation in NCsim ( CADENCE ).

Does anyone knows how to intergrate an rtl model of the microblaze in the
functional simulation?

I found some .vhd files but they are all encrypted.
Xilinx did not givve me answer about that yet.

Does anyone knows about an rtl model for Microblaze of a similar
processor?

Lior

---------------------------------------
Posted through http://www.FPGARelated.com
From: mamu on
Hi,

you can generate simulation model of your system from the XPS GUI. I
don't remember the exact process but it is (was) well documented. XPS
also generates script files for modelsim to setup and run a
simulation. I managed to run it in activeHDL after downloading some
precompiled libs for microblaze from aldec' site.

Remember that if you have external components (e.g. SDRAM) you most
likely need sim models of those too to make any sensible simulation
runs.

Finally, if you intend to verify a custom peripheral you might
consider doing a BFM sim instead. You will then need to get the PLB
toolkit from xilinx.

HTH
Magne