From: RnR on
This is a real technical question <grin>.
Where do you guys get your rubber pad replacements for bottom of the
dell laptops? Any favorite store or just any Walmart, hardware,
etc.. ? Are they self sticking or do I need to use rubber glue?
From: Ben Myers on
RnR wrote:
> This is a real technical question <grin>.
> Where do you guys get your rubber pad replacements for bottom of the
> dell laptops? Any favorite store or just any Walmart, hardware,
> etc.. ? Are they self sticking or do I need to use rubber glue?

If I'm lucky, I have a scraptop of a same or similar model, so I pull
off the pads from the scraptop and put them on a functioning laptop...
Ben Myers
From: Bob Villa on
On Jan 13, 6:53 pm, "RnR" <rnrte...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> This is a real technical question <grin>.
> Where do you guys get your rubber pad replacements for bottom of the
> dell laptops?  Any favorite store or just any Walmart, hardware,
> etc.. ?  Are they self sticking or do I need to use rubber glue?

Most hardware stores have square peel-and-stick pads...but they are
thicker/higher.

bob
From: William R. Walsh on
Hi!

I have used a product from the Waxman Consumer Group to replace
missing computer feet. As best I remember, what you would be looking
for are the SoftTouch round gripper pads. They come in black and white
colors (although I've only seen the black ones on the Waxman CPG web
site).

There are larger ones (desktop computers) and smaller ones (laptops).
Whatever the size, I've never had them come off. There are enough in a
package to do at least two computers.

http://www.waxmancpg.com/getProducts?category_id=38&content_id=56

William
From: Bob Villa on
On Jan 13, 6:53 pm, "RnR" <rnrte...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> This is a real technical question <grin>.
> Where do you guys get your rubber pad replacements for bottom of the
> dell laptops?  Any favorite store or just any Walmart, hardware,
> etc.. ?  Are they self sticking or do I need to use rubber glue?

There are also small, round, clear ones (self-stick) used for lamps or
brick-a-brack.

bob