From: Father Justin on
Here's a question. How about upgrading to Windows 7?
I would assume the card reader works under the new and "totally awesome"
Windows 7. Obviously a dangerous assumption, but IMO it would solve the
problems of the buggy MCE.

--
http://www.vatican.va
From: Ben Myers on
Father Justin wrote:
> Here's a question. How about upgrading to Windows 7?
> I would assume the card reader works under the new and "totally awesome"
> Windows 7. Obviously a dangerous assumption, but IMO it would solve the
> problems of the buggy MCE.

Maybe. If there is a Win 7 driver for the chip on the reader.

MCE buggy? What is it the fixation with MCE being buggy? It is just as
buggy as the XP on which it is based. 8 or 9 years worth of Microsoft
patches and band-aids to make it better. It actually is way better too,
compared to the wobbly original XP... Ben Myers
From: Christopher Muto on
Father Justin wrote:
> Here's a question. How about upgrading to Windows 7?
> I would assume the card reader works under the new and "totally awesome"
> Windows 7. Obviously a dangerous assumption, but IMO it would solve the
> problems of the buggy MCE.

here's another question: how about you admit to your client that you do
not have a clue what you are doing with their computer and that you are
are unable to comprehend the good advice that you were given by multiple
people in your previous thread on the same subject but apparently did
not bother to read.
From: William R. Walsh on
Hi!

> If there is a Win 7 driver for the chip on the reader.

It should be a USB mass storage device class item, and therefore no
special driver will be required.

> MCE buggy?  What is it the fixation with MCE being buggy?

Not so much "buggy" as "interesting" ... in a lot of ways: feature
set, what's supported, its equivalency to other editions of Windows
XP...

That is why--at least as far as I know--various software vendors won't
support their product on Media Center versions of Windows XP.

No doubt that later releases of XP were much better than the original.
There were so many improvements over the course of its life...

William
From: Father Justin on
On 1/12/10 5:52 PM, Ben Myers wrote:
> Father Justin wrote:
>> Here's a question. How about upgrading to Windows 7?
>> I would assume the card reader works under the new and "totally
>> awesome" Windows 7. Obviously a dangerous assumption, but IMO it would
>> solve the problems of the buggy MCE.
>>

> Maybe. If there is a Win 7 driver for the chip on the reader.
>
> MCE buggy? What is it the fixation with MCE being buggy? It is just as
> buggy as the XP on which it is based. 8 or 9 years worth of Microsoft
> patches and band-aids to make it better. It actually is way better too,
> compared to the wobbly original XP... Ben Myers

That's the consensus among other techs I work with.

--
http://www.vatican.va