From: Father Justin on
On 1/13/10 1:28 AM, Christopher Muto wrote:
> Father Justin wrote:
>> Here's a question. How about upgrading to Windows 7?
>> I would assume the card reader works under the new and "totally
>> awesome" Windows 7. Obviously a dangerous assumption, but IMO it would
>> solve the problems of the buggy MCE.
>>

> here's another question: how about you admit to your client that you do
> not have a clue what you are doing with their computer and that you are
> are unable to comprehend the good advice that you were given by multiple
> people in your previous thread on the same subject but apparently did
> not bother to read.

God hates you.

--
http://www.vatican.va
From: Ben Myers on
Father Justin wrote:
> On 1/12/10 5:52 PM, Ben Myers wrote:
>> Father Justin wrote:
>>> Here's a question. How about upgrading to Windows 7?
>>> I would assume the card reader works under the new and "totally
>>> awesome" Windows 7. Obviously a dangerous assumption, but IMO it would
>>> solve the problems of the buggy MCE.
>>>

>> Maybe. If there is a Win 7 driver for the chip on the reader.
>>
>> MCE buggy? What is it the fixation with MCE being buggy? It is just as
>> buggy as the XP on which it is based. 8 or 9 years worth of Microsoft
>> patches and band-aids to make it better. It actually is way better too,
>> compared to the wobbly original XP... Ben Myers
>
> That's the consensus among other techs I work with.

FWIW, I support a number of Dell computers with XP Media Center and they
seem to be running fine. Certainly no worse than the XP SP2 on which it
is based. The buggy part seems be rumor-mongering.

Please do not misunderstand me. I am not defending MCE as something
really wonderful. It's a little bloated for what it does with "media",
enough to require a DVD and a lengthy installation.

For whatever reason, Microsoft contract or otherwise, MCE never was
shipped in large numbers like XP Home and XP Pro, and, AFAIK, it was
never sold at retail... Ben Myers
From: Christopher Muto on
Father Justin wrote:
> On 1/13/10 1:28 AM, Christopher Muto wrote:
>> Father Justin wrote:
>>> Here's a question. How about upgrading to Windows 7?
>>> I would assume the card reader works under the new and "totally
>>> awesome" Windows 7. Obviously a dangerous assumption, but IMO it would
>>> solve the problems of the buggy MCE.
>>>

>> here's another question: how about you admit to your client that you do
>> not have a clue what you are doing with their computer and that you are
>> are unable to comprehend the good advice that you were given by multiple
>> people in your previous thread on the same subject but apparently did
>> not bother to read.
>
> God hates you.

by definition, god doesn't hate anyone.
From: Father Justin on
On 1/13/10 9:00 PM, Christopher Muto wrote:
> Father Justin wrote:
>>>>

>>> here's another question: how about you admit to your client that you do
>>> not have a clue what you are doing with their computer and that you are
>>> are unable to comprehend the good advice that you were given by multiple
>>> people in your previous thread on the same subject but apparently did
>>> not bother to read.
>>
>> God hates you.
>>

> by definition, god doesn't hate anyone.

You're the exception.

I thought you plonked me?

--
http://www.vatican.va
From: Christopher Muto on
Father Justin wrote:
> On 1/13/10 9:00 PM, Christopher Muto wrote:
>> Father Justin wrote:

>>> God hates you.
>>>

>> by definition, god doesn't hate anyone.
>
> You're the exception.
>
> I thought you plonked me?

god loves everyone, even you, even when you pretend to be a priest, mock
the church, act selfishly, and are ungrateful for what others do for you.