From: William R. Walsh on
Hi!

> Correct.
> It shows up, but onlt reads cards lower than 4GB.

Did you ever get the hotfix to go into place?

If the hardware is capable, have you tried booting from a Live Linux
on CD to see if it works with larger than 4GB cards there? That ought
to be a pretty good test, Linux shouldn't have the same bugs as
Windows.

At this point I'd say that you've spent enough time on it to make the
external reader a good option. ;-)

> That'll be a big one in the confessional...

So let me ask (curiosity killed the cat and all): are you /actually/ a
clergyman?

William
From: Father Justin on
On 1/14/10 10:06 AM, Christopher Muto wrote:
> Father Justin wrote:

>>> by definition, god doesn't hate anyone.
>>
>> You're the exception.
>>
>> I thought you plonked me?
>>

> god loves everyone, even you, even when you pretend to be a priest, mock
> the church, act selfishly, and are ungrateful for what others do for you.

God must hate plonks as well.

--
http://www.vatican.va
From: Father Justin on
On 1/14/10 10:11 AM, William R. Walsh wrote:
> Hi!
>
>> Correct.
>> It shows up, but onlt reads cards lower than 4GB.
>
> Did you ever get the hotfix to go into place?

Not yet. The client has to use the machine for a while. I instructed
him to uninstall SP3, hit the hotfix, and reinstall SP3.

> If the hardware is capable, have you tried booting from a Live Linux
> on CD to see if it works with larger than 4GB cards there? That ought
> to be a pretty good test, Linux shouldn't have the same bugs as
> Windows.
>
> At this point I'd say that you've spent enough time on it to make the
> external reader a good option. ;-)

I agree.

>> That'll be a big one in the confessional...
>
> So let me ask (curiosity killed the cat and all): are you /actually/ a
> clergyman?
>
> William

I'm on special assignment direct from the Vatican. I'm studying "sins
of the flesh." I feel first hand expereince is the only way I can fully
understand. So I'm heading to Vegas, and then Amsterdam.

--
http://www.vatican.va
From: William R. Walsh on
Hi!

> I'm on special assignment direct from the Vatican.  I'm studying
> "sins of the flesh."  I feel first hand expereince is the only way I
> can fully understand.  So I'm heading to Vegas, and then
> Amsterdam.

I'm going to take that as a cheeky way of saying "no". :-)

Perhaps you should perform an exorcism on the card reader when you are
done with your study. :-)

William