From: Andrea Dallera on
Hei Jan,

I am using the version that comes with ubuntu - that's why I
didn't
really bother about versions. I will try to install the gem via rubygems
for windows.

I tried again, removing and reinstalling the packages with synaptic, and
I still get the same segfaults. It is hard for me to provide you with
exact examples that cause the issue, since I myself do not understand
what exactly causes them and the code that generates the segfaults is
built over the GUI framework. A very simple one would be to create a
Qt::CalendarWidget and sending selectedDate=, nil to it, like this:

require 'rubygems'
require 'Qt4'

app = Qt::Application.new([])
hello = Qt::CalendarWidget.new()
hello.resize(200,200)
hello.show()
hello.selectedDate = nil #[BUG] Segmentation fault ruby 1.8.7
(2010-01-10 patchlevel 249) [i486-linux]

Again, this is just a trivial example and it's very easy to write a
workaround for it: more nasty stuff happens when trying to add/remove
items for a ListWidget for example. I will try to build a test case for
that too.

--
Andrea Dallera
http://github.com/bolthar/freightrain

http://rubyforge.org/frs/download.php/69355/qtruby4-2.1.0-x86-mswin32.gem

http://vision.eng.shu.ac.uk/mmvlwiki/index.php/Qt4-QtRuby_installer_for_Microsoft_Windows for installing under windows. I get segfaults under windows too, at the same points as under linux.

> > I didn't try to install the gem via rubygems: should I do that
instead?
> > Is there a statically bind version for windows?
> >
> > Thanks a lot!

> Jan Pilz
> Otto Group · GroupTechnologyPartner - Dresden (GTP)
> Touchpoints & Kunde · FI-IM-TK
>
> GroupTechnologyPartner - Dresden GmbH · Freiberger Straße 35 · 01067
Dresden

From: Jan Pilz on