From: Andrea Dallera on
Hei everyone,

I've been trying to make qt-ruby working for a GUI framework of mine
for quite a while now but i'm getting segfaults at every step, even when
doing the simplest of things (setting a nil date to a calendar,
sometimes when adding a method to a control, sometimes when changing the
parent of a control...). All those situations are extremely nasty to
debug and for each one I need to write a workaround which can be very
ugly at times.
I was wondering if there was someone in charge of manteinance for the
project: I am more than willing to help fixing the bugs, just I don't
have the time for learning my way through the codebase from scratch. The
project seems dead to me, I couldn't find a single "real world"
application using the bindings.

Thanks in advance!

--
Andrea Dallera
http://github.com/bolthar/freightrain

From: Andrea Dallera on
Sorry, I just replied to an old message and deleted content/subject
(with Evolution). Evolution handles it just fine (i see this topic
correctly threaded) and I never noticed.

From: Andrea Dallera on
Hei Jan,

thanks a lot for your reply. Sorry, I should have posted more details
about my system:

You're right: I've got qt 4.6.4 on my system (ubuntu 10.04) and my
libqt4-ruby version is 4.4.2. I've installed everything using synaptic
so i thought i was safe for that matter and i didn't check for possible
package issues. Ruby version is 1.8.7 p249.
I'm also very interested in making everything work under windows too: i
followed this
http://vision.eng.shu.ac.uk/mmvlwiki/index.php/Qt4-QtRuby_installer_for_Microsoft_Windows for installing under windows. I get segfaults under windows too, at the same points as under linux.

I didn't try to install the gem via rubygems: should I do that instead?
Is there a statically bind version for windows?

Thanks a lot!

From: Jan Pilz on
Dear Andrea,

which bindings you use exactly?
What's your OS?
Installed Qt version?
Installed Ruby version?

If you get segfault on every steps your bindings are not corresponding
to installed Qt version.
Project is not dead.

Regards,
Jan

Am 21.05.2010 10:49, schrieb Andrea Dallera:
> Hei everyone,
>
> I've been trying to make qt-ruby working for a GUI framework of mine
> for quite a while now but i'm getting segfaults at every step, even when
> doing the simplest of things (setting a nil date to a calendar,
> sometimes when adding a method to a control, sometimes when changing the
> parent of a control...). All those situations are extremely nasty to
> debug and for each one I need to write a workaround which can be very
> ugly at times.
> I was wondering if there was someone in charge of manteinance for the
> project: I am more than willing to help fixing the bugs, just I don't
> have the time for learning my way through the codebase from scratch. The
> project seems dead to me, I couldn't find a single "real world"
> application using the bindings.
>
> Thanks in advance!

Jan Pilz
Otto Group · GroupTechnologyPartner - Dresden (GTP)
Touchpoints& Kunde · FI-IM-TK

GroupTechnologyPartner - Dresden GmbH · Freiberger Straße 35 · 01067 Dresden
Telefon +49 (0) 351 497 23 202 · Fax +49 (0) 351 497 23 119

jan.pilz(a)osp-dd.de · www.ottogroup.com

AG Dresden, HRB 2475
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Thomas Tribius, Martin Mildner

From: Ryan Davis on