From: John Keith on
I have a co-worker who uses macros that I write for him who has
recently upgraded to Win7 and now he is not able to enable the macro
to run, I think due to security settings.

This user will open the Excel file (using Excel 2007) which is located
on a sharepoint (also 2007) and will click on the command button but
gets a message that the macro cannot be run. When the Excel file is
opened it looks like a web page, that is, the full ribbon is not
visible and there is no Office icon in the upper left that he can
click and go to Excel options to try and change the security settings.

Any suggestions on what I can tell my co-worker to do to be able to
run macros?

Thanks

John Keith
kd0gd(a)juno.com
From: ozgrid.com on
RE: and now he is not able to enable the macro
to run, I think due to security settings.

Change security settings to prompt to enable macros.

--
Regards
Dave Hawley

From: John Keith on
>Change security settings to prompt to enable macros.

Dave, thanks for the quick reply but we looked for a way to change the
settings but found nothing. That was the reason I commented that the
Office icon button was not visible in the instance of Excel that
opened.

We even opened Excel outside of clicking on the desired file on the
sharepoint and I still could not find a way to chage the security, now
I know I ony do this once in a blue moon but I thought I knew the path
to get to the settings.

I'll look again but I'm still open to oter suggestions.

John Keith
kd0gd(a)juno.com
From: Mike Middleton on
John Keith -

> Any suggestions on what I can tell my co-worker to do to be able to run
> macros? <

For Excel 2007, try both of these:

(A) Choose Office Button | Excel Options | Trust Center | Trust Center
Settings | Add-ins, uncheck all checkboxes, and click OK.

(B) Choose Office Button | Excel Options | Trust Center | Trust Center
Settings | Macro Settings, click on Disable all macros with notification,
and click OK. On the screen that follows, again click OK.

- Mike Middleton
http://www.DecisionToolworks.com