From: Marcus on
Hi

I am trying to launch notepad.exe and if someone closes it, I will
bring it back up (polling one time every minute).

For this I am using schtasks

When I run schtasks as the currently logged in user I have no problem
at all. I am using the following command:
schtasks /create /sc minute /mo 1 /tn "notepad_task" /tr "\"C:\WINNT
\notepad.exe\""

But I want to start this as system user. I therefore add the /ru
system to the end of the command. The command now looks the
following:
schtasks /create /sc minute /mo 1 /tn "notepad_task" /tr "\"C:\WINNT
\notepad.exe\"" /ru system

The problem is that even though this command will launch a
notepad.exe
(I see it in the process list), the notepad.exe application is not
visible on screen, nor is it visible in the taskbar.

Why is this, and how can I make it visible when running it as user
"system"?