From: Richard Oliver on

Thank you for your help Dave---
I finally could not get into the drive at all--not even the recovery
disk worked,so I ran Linux Ubuntu from dikk and managed to retrieve some
of the important files.
When that is complete I will format the drive and reload whatever is
necessary.
Kindes regards,Richard

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Richard Oliver" <R.Oliver(a)Spam.co.za>

| Thank you for your help Dave---
| I finally could not get into the drive at all--not even the recovery
| disk worked,so I ran Linux Ubuntu from dikk and managed to retrieve some
| of the important files.
| When that is complete I will format the drive and reload whatever is
| necessary.
| Kindes regards,Richard

OK -- Good luck with it.

--
Dave

From: Richard Oliver on
Thankfully I do not usually receive snide remarks from people and I do
not believe in wasting time on these things but----
I am an 81 yr old retired Mech Engineer who tries to keep his mind
going by helping people (mostly friends and family) who have computer
problems and when I run into some new problem I am fortunate to be able
to ask for help from people like the ones that kindly responded to this
query.
And my grateful thanks to them all ---I consider them too as "friends".
Regards ,Richard

From: "nobody >" on
Richard Oliver wrote:
> Thankfully I do not usually receive snide remarks from people and I do
> not believe in wasting time on these things but----
> I am an 81 yr old retired Mech Engineer who tries to keep his mind
> going by helping people (mostly friends and family) who have computer
> problems and when I run into some new problem I am fortunate to be able
> to ask for help from people like the ones that kindly responded to this
> query.
> And my grateful thanks to them all ---I consider them too as "friends".
> Regards ,Richard

*Most* people on *most* newsgroups are good people. alt.comp.anti-virus
is like that. You've probably spotted the few bad apples that show up here..
From: The Central Scrutinizer on
"Richard Oliver" <R.Oliver(a)Spam.co.za> wrote in message
> Thankfully I do not usually receive snide remarks from people and I do
> not believe in wasting time on these things but----
> I am an 81 yr old retired Mech Engineer who tries to keep his mind
> going by helping people (mostly friends and family) who have computer
> problems and when I run into some new problem I am fortunate to be able
> to ask for help from people like the ones that kindly responded to this
> query.

In that case, nothing wrong with a good old fashioned wipe and
reinstall ;-)