From: Linda Walsh on
Justin Piszcz wrote:
> When performing a lot of file I/O on a samba share, I see the following:
> Nov 15 16:01:47 l1 smbd[31472]: ERROR! Out of file structures
> Is the proper fix to, e.g.:
> ulimit -n 32768 before starting samba?
>
> Or is there a samba-specific option that should be used instead?
>
> Justin.
-----
I have a 'ditto' here, also running 3.4.2-1 (64-bit). I've seen
it with a win7 client -- the client throws an exception claiming it's
lost the connection to the server when this happens. I usually have
to reopen the share it happens on from the root when this happens --
it's like it loses it's place in a large tree of files.

Seems Windows 7 might be using more file descriptors.