From: Leonardo Carneiro - Veltrac on
On 07/03/2010 11:42 AM, Leonardo Carneiro - Veltrac wrote:
> On 07/03/2010 11:23 AM, Leonardo Carneiro - Veltrac wrote:
>> On 07/03/2010 11:13 AM, John Drescher wrote:

>>> Put a pause command at the end of the login script. That way the
>>> window will not close.
>>>
>>> John
>> Hi John, tks for the idea. Is actually pretty useful.
>>
>> But for the users who are not running the script at all, i wish i
>> could see in the log files what script they are loading, or at least
>> what they are trying to load.
>>
>> Leonardo Carneiro
>
> Hmm, it looks like that there are no users running the scripts
> partially. What happens is some users that have manually mapped their
> drives. None of the users are really running the scripts.
Tried with "%g.bat" instead of "%G.bat", but not worked.

Using the name of the group does works like a charm (like "dev.bat").

> All my users are set with "%G.bat" in the ldap backend, but the vast
> majority of the users are not running the scripts, or running partially.

I also have my logon scripts set to "%G.bat" and they run perfectly.

Are your scripts in DOS format? They must be, because they are read by
the Windows side. Use the command unix2dos to make sure that all lines
end with CR+LF, as used by standard text files under DOS/Windows.

One thing I once noticed was that the Samba account attribute
"sambaLogonScript" must ONLY be set for a user if it DIFFERS from what
is specified in "smb.conf". Otherwise, the script wouldn't run. I found
this with the Samba 3.1x family, I don't know if that still applies.

Hallo, Leonardo,

Du meintest am 03.07.10:

[...]

> Hmm, it looks like that there are no users running the scripts
> partially. What happens is some users that have manually mapped their
> drives. None of the users are really running the scripts.

Are their machines fixed to "Domänenanmeldung" (I don't know the english
expression)? That is one way to put the client into the LAN, it's not
the only way.
And if the users have the administrator rights on their clients they can
choose some other way ...

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut
One more thing: are your permissions correct? The users must have Read
access to the logon script files.
On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 10:10 AM, Leonardo Carneiro - Veltrac
<lscarneiro(a)veltrac.com.br> wrote:
> I'm having trouble in deploying by group sambaLogonScript.
>
> My scripts consist only im mapping network folders.
>
> I'm using Samba 3.4.7. Is there a way to debug this? The logs does not show
> anything about the logon scripts.
>
> All my users are set with "%G.bat" in the ldap backend, but the vast
> majority of the users are not running the scripts, or running partially.

First debugging step, if you haven't done this already, would be to
verify a specifically named logon script, that is one that doesn't use
a variable, such as "testlogon.cmd" runs properly.

Chris