From: Steve Thompson on
On Sat, 3 Jul 2010, Miguel Medalha wrote:

> One thing I once noticed was that the Samba account attribute
> "sambaLogonScript" must ONLY be set for a user if it DIFFERS from what is
> specified in "smb.conf". Otherwise, the script wouldn't run. I found this
> with the Samba 3.1x family, I don't know if that still applies.

I am using both Samba 3.0.33 and 3.5.1, and this does not apply to me for
both versions. Every user has sambaLogonScript set to the same value as
that which appears in smb.conf, and it does get run (using ldapsam).

Steve
On 07/03/2010 12:38 PM, Steve Thompson wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Jul 2010, Miguel Medalha wrote:
>
>> One thing I once noticed was that the Samba account attribute
>> "sambaLogonScript" must ONLY be set for a user if it DIFFERS from
>> what is specified in "smb.conf". Otherwise, the script wouldn't run.
>> I found this with the Samba 3.1x family, I don't know if that still
>> applies.
>
> I am using both Samba 3.0.33 and 3.5.1, and this does not apply to me
> for both versions. Every user has sambaLogonScript set to the same
> value as that which appears in smb.conf, and it does get run (using
> ldapsam).
>
> Steve

Hi Steve and Miguel,

This is something that i haven't tried yet, and definitely worths a
shot. I'll try and comment the results here.
On 07/05/2010 08:28 AM, Miguel Medalha wrote:
> Did you verify that end lines of the scripts are in DOS format (CR+LF)?
>
> You can use unix2dos to convert them from Unix format (LF) to DOS
> format (CR+LF).
>
> %G.bat is working correctly for me. Samba PDC over CentOS 5.5 with
> LDAP back end.
>
> Pardon me for being so obvious, but of course your scripts have the
> exact same name as the groups, don't they?
>
> Regards
> Miguel
Hi Miguel, i doubt that this could be the problem, since when i specify
the name of the script, it runs OK. And yes, the names of the scripts
are ok. Tks again.
On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 8:46 AM, Leonardo Carneiro - Veltrac
<lscarneiro(a)veltrac.com.br> wrote:
> On 07/05/2010 08:28 AM, Miguel Medalha wrote:
>>
>> Did you verify that end lines of the scripts are in DOS format (CR+LF)?
>>
>> You can use unix2dos to convert them from Unix format (LF) to DOS format
>> (CR+LF).
>>
>> %G.bat is working correctly for me. Samba PDC over CentOS 5.5 with LDAP
>> back end.
>>
>> Pardon me for being so obvious, but of course your scripts have the exact
>> same name as the groups, don't they?
>>
>> Regards
>> Miguel
>
> Hi Miguel, i doubt that this could be the problem, since when i specify the
> name of the script, it runs OK. And yes, the names of the scripts are ok.
> Tks again.

Check what is the primary group of the users (%G maps to the primary
group only, not any group that the users belong to). Also check which
variable you need to use, %g is the primary group of the Unix user,
and %G is the primary group of the Samba user (they can be different)

--
Sebastián Abate
15-3589-7730