From: Tom Shelton on
On 2010-01-15, jerryys <jerryys(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> i dont believe i compare winsock in my statement. i do make an observation
> about how microsoft decided to implement winsock facilities in .net. a true

In fact, you did - you talked about how there wasn't a high level facility
like the winsock control. But, ok.

<snip>

> assume you thought
> winsock was great then.

You know that old statement about assuming? I was burned by the notorious
unreliablity of the winsock control and it's inabaility to handle serious
loads... I moved to using my own class wrappers around the winsock api after
the one and only time I used the winsock control.

> in conclusion vb is a cute language for non
> programmers to do basic home projects. programmers should stick to c++ or
> lower level languages when developing for non main frame serious
> applications.

What are you talking about? Are you some sort of language snob? I'm having a
hard time telling what your meaning is. My personal and professional
preference is not VB - but, I certainly don't think of it as a toy.

--
Tom Shelton
From: jerryys on
Tom, i appreciated your help with the links you provided at the start of this
sequence of replies and answers. Keep up the good work. Maybe you can help me
with a problem in the future.

jerryys