From: Pete on
I have been using Outlook for many years now but I still miss a feature of
Lotus Notes. In Outlook you only have the option of saving copies of all of
your sent emails or none of them. In Notes you could set this a prompt and
then every email you sent it would ask you if you wanted to save them.
Because I have Outlook set to save everything, I waste a ton of space with
stupid emails like replying if I'm going to lunch.
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Pete" <Pete(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I have been using Outlook for many years now but I still miss a feature of
> Lotus Notes. In Outlook you only have the option of saving copies of all of
> your sent emails or none of them. In Notes you could set this a prompt and
> then every email you sent it would ask you if you wanted to save them.
> Because I have Outlook set to save everything, I waste a ton of space with
> stupid emails like replying if I'm going to lunch.

You have two choices. You can either enable the default to save messages when
sending and then disable the saving for particular messages, or disable the
saving and enable it for particular messages. For Outlook 2003 or earlier,
click View>Options to change the per-message setting.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook] on

Pete, I've an Addin for that, but right now it's in German only. It will
take about two weeks to publish the English version. Please stay tuned.

--
Best regards
Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook

From: Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook] on

Pete, the mentioned Add-in "SAM" is available now. It can ask you for
whether or where to save a sent message. Please see the link in my signature
for details.

--
Best regards
Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook