From: xpjnewtonx on
I run Office 2007 with windows vista. Frequently my outlook stops
functioning, messages stay in the outbox and send and receive do not work. I
exit the application but have to start task manager because outlook.exe
continues to run. When I close that and reopen all works fine again for a
time. Any ideas please? Regards, Peter xpjnewtonx(a)ntlworld.com
From: MohamadJalloul on
I have the same problem! My internet provider told me that the outbox is
corrupted and I have to contact Microsoft office to tell me how to fix this
problem! But, I don't know how to contact them. Each time I log on to the
support page, they ask for paying money!

From: VanguardLH on
xpjnewtonx wrote:

> I run Office 2007 with windows vista. Frequently my outlook stops
> functioning, messages stay in the outbox and send and receive do not work. I
> exit the application but have to start task manager because outlook.exe
> continues to run. When I close that and reopen all works fine again for a
> time.

Start Outlook in its safe mode which does not load add-ons:

outlook.exe /safe

If that works to successfully exit Outlook then you installed an add-on that
hangs when told to unload when trying to exit Outlook. You'll need to get a
newer version of that add-on that works with your current version of Outlook
and Windows, or drop it and skip whatever functionality it provides. If
safe mode works, disable all add-ons and retest. If that doesn't solve the
problem, could be a COM plug-in not listed by Outlook is causing the
problem. If disabling all add-ons works then you need to reenable them one
at a time to find out which one causes the problem.
From: VanguardLH on
MohamadJalloul wrote:

> "xpjnewtonx" wrote:
>
>> I run Office 2007 with windows vista. Frequently my outlook stops
>> functioning, messages stay in the outbox and send and receive do not work. I
>> exit the application but have to start task manager because outlook.exe
>> continues to run. When I close that and reopen all works fine again for a
>> time. Any ideas please? Regards, Peter xpjnewtonx(a)ntlworld.com
>
> I have the same problem! My internet provider told me that the outbox is
> corrupted and I have to contact Microsoft office to tell me how to fix this
> problem! But, I don't know how to contact them. Each time I log on to the
> support page, they ask for paying money!

No, you do NOT have the same problem. The OP never mentioned that there was
corruption. Start your own NEW thread. Stop trying to hijack someone
else's thread.