From: Bert on
I receive scangear error not enough free disk space 30,0,0. There is space
enough, advice please.

Thanks,

Bert.

From: CSM1 on
"Bert" <xx(a)xx.com> wrote in message
>I receive scangear error not enough free disk space 30,0,0. There is space
>enough, advice please.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bert.

How much space do you have free on your hard drive?
What is your OS?

How large is the image you are trying to scan. What DPI? How many Pixels.

You need about twice the amount of free hard drive space as the image size
in bytes you are trying to scan.

If you trying to scan say a 8.5" X 11" paper at 300 DPI. It will make an
image that is 2550 x 3300 pixels or 8,415,000 Pixels X 3 byte per pixel=
25,245,000 (25.245 MB) in color. You need at least 50 MB of free space.

On my system a 8.5" X 11" scan at 300 DPI produces a 24.11 MB uncompressed
Tiff file.

Maybe uninstall then reinstall ScanGear.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

From: Bert on

"CSM1" <nomail(a)nomoremail.com> wrote in message
> "Bert" <xx(a)xx.com> wrote in message
>>I receive scangear error not enough free disk space 30,0,0. There is space
>>enough, advice please.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Bert.
>>
> How much space do you have free on your hard drive?
> What is your OS?
>
> How large is the image you are trying to scan. What DPI? How many Pixels.
>
> You need about twice the amount of free hard drive space as the image size
> in bytes you are trying to scan.
>
> If you trying to scan say a 8.5" X 11" paper at 300 DPI. It will make an
> image that is 2550 x 3300 pixels or 8,415,000 Pixels X 3 byte per pixel=
> 25,245,000 (25.245 MB) in color. You need at least 50 MB of free space.
>
> On my system a 8.5" X 11" scan at 300 DPI produces a 24.11 MB uncompressed
> Tiff file.
>
> Maybe uninstall then reinstall ScanGear.
>
> --
> CSM1
> http://www.carlmcmillan.com
> --

Free space 12 GB, Win XP, error comes before I have any chance to chnage any
settings. I have already tried to reinstall Scangear but no luck at all.
Full automatic scan works, but everythng through scangear doesn't work.

From: CSM1 on

> "CSM1" <nomail(a)nomoremail.com> wrote in message
>> "Bert" <xx(a)xx.com> wrote in message
>>>I receive scangear error not enough free disk space 30,0,0. There is
>>>space enough, advice please.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Bert.
>>>
>> How much space do you have free on your hard drive?
>> What is your OS?
>>
>> How large is the image you are trying to scan. What DPI? How many Pixels.
>>
>> You need about twice the amount of free hard drive space as the image
>> size in bytes you are trying to scan.
>>
>> If you trying to scan say a 8.5" X 11" paper at 300 DPI. It will make an
>> image that is 2550 x 3300 pixels or 8,415,000 Pixels X 3 byte per pixel=
>> 25,245,000 (25.245 MB) in color. You need at least 50 MB of free space.
>>
>> On my system a 8.5" X 11" scan at 300 DPI produces a 24.11 MB
>> uncompressed Tiff file.
>>
>> Maybe uninstall then reinstall ScanGear.
>>
>> --
>> CSM1
>> http://www.carlmcmillan.com
>> --
>
> Free space 12 GB, Win XP, error comes before I have any chance to chnage
> any settings. I have already tried to reinstall Scangear but no luck at
> all. Full automatic scan works, but everythng through scangear doesn't
> work.

Since you said ScanGear, I assume you have a Canon Scanner.
And you are scanning via the TWAIN interface in some Photo Editor.
I hope you are not scanning using the Canon Canoscan Toolbox.

Are you doing the preview in the Advanced Mode before trying to do a final
scan?
You have to do at least one preview before anything works correctly in the
Advanced Mode of Scangear.

In the preview window you must set the scan area by drawing the dashed box
around the area you want to scan.

Click the Scan button in the ScanGear preview Window to do the final scan
and transfer the image to the photo editor.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

From: Bert on

> "Bert" <xx(a)xx.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "CSM1" <nomail(a)nomoremail.com> wrote in message
>>> "Bert" <xx(a)xx.com> wrote in message

>>> How much space do you have free on your hard drive?
>>> What is your OS?
>>>
>>> How large is the image you are trying to scan. What DPI? How many
>>> Pixels.
>>>
>>> You need about twice the amount of free hard drive space as the image
>>> size in bytes you are trying to scan.
>>>
>>> If you trying to scan say a 8.5" X 11" paper at 300 DPI. It will make an
>>> image that is 2550 x 3300 pixels or 8,415,000 Pixels X 3 byte per pixel=
>>> 25,245,000 (25.245 MB) in color. You need at least 50 MB of free space.
>>>
>>> On my system a 8.5" X 11" scan at 300 DPI produces a 24.11 MB
>>> uncompressed Tiff file.
>>>
>>> Maybe uninstall then reinstall ScanGear.
>>>
>>> --
>>> CSM1
>>> http://www.carlmcmillan.com
>>> --
>>
>> Free space 12 GB, Win XP, error comes before I have any chance to chnage
>> any settings. I have already tried to reinstall Scangear but no luck at
>> all. Full automatic scan works, but everythng through scangear doesn't
>> work.
>

> Since you said ScanGear, I assume you have a Canon Scanner.
> And you are scanning via the TWAIN interface in some Photo Editor.
> I hope you are not scanning using the Canon Canoscan Toolbox.
>
> Are you doing the preview in the Advanced Mode before trying to do a final
> scan?
> You have to do at least one preview before anything works correctly in the
> Advanced Mode of Scangear.
>
> In the preview window you must set the scan area by drawing the dashed box
> around the area you want to scan.
>
> Click the Scan button in the ScanGear preview Window to do the final scan
> and transfer the image to the photo editor.
>
> --
> CSM1
> http://www.carlmcmillan.com
> --

Error appears before the preview. I don't make it that far. I use Canon
lide60, USB 2 connected. Never had any problems, until this started
yesterday. Doesn't make any difference which program I use, same problem. I
removed all entries in twain_32 directory, but that wasn't a good idea.
After reinstall scangear, nothing works at all, so I had to restore those
entries. As I set using Microsft Digital image, fully automated works, using
my scanner software gives an error.
I cannot find any info in the Canon database, I have sent them an email.
Thank you for taking your time.

Bert.