From: Pat Durkin on
I bought a 4490 a few months ago, brought it home and plugged it in, made
some scans of 35mm slides, examined the slides and found everything to be in
order.

Fast forward to 9/18/06 --- I turned on the 4490 again today and loaded 4
slides in the appropriate holder, poked the button to "scan" without
changing any of the settings (Home mode) and this time the preview shows the
device's logic has not recognized the slides and apparently interpreted them
as one big reflective picture instead, show it shows me a preview pic of 4
white slide holders against a black background (the lamp in the cover never
came on).

What's up wid dis?

Pat

From: Harry Stottle on

"Pat Durkin" <clovers(a)pacbell.net> wrote in message
>I bought a 4490 a few months ago, brought it home and plugged it in,
>made some scans of 35mm slides, examined the slides and found
>everything to be in order.
>
> Fast forward to 9/18/06 --- I turned on the 4490 again today and
> loaded 4 slides in the appropriate holder, poked the button to "scan"
> without changing any of the settings (Home mode) and this time the
> preview shows the device's logic has not recognized the slides and
> apparently interpreted them as one big reflective picture instead,
> show it shows me a preview pic of 4 white slide holders against a
> black background (the lamp in the cover never came on).
>
> What's up wid dis?

Cable to the lid not plugged in?

From: Pat Durkin on

"Harry Stottle" <sorryspamdoesntwork(a)nospam.uk.co> wrote in message

> "Pat Durkin" <clovers(a)pacbell.net> wrote in message
>>I bought a 4490 a few months ago, brought it home and plugged it in, made
>>some scans of 35mm slides, examined the slides and found everything to be
>>in order.
>>
>> Fast forward to 9/18/06 --- I turned on the 4490 again today and loaded 4
>> slides in the appropriate holder, poked the button to "scan" without
>> changing any of the settings (Home mode) and this time the preview shows
>> the device's logic has not recognized the slides and apparently
>> interpreted them as one big reflective picture instead, show it shows me
>> a preview pic of 4 white slide holders against a black background (the
>> lamp in the cover never came on).
>>
>> What's up wid dis?
>>

> Cable to the lid not plugged in?

I checked. Seems pretty secure. No luck.

Pat

From: Harry Stottle on

> "Harry Stottle" <sorryspamdoesntwork(a)nospam.uk.co> wrote in message
>>
>> "Pat Durkin" <clovers(a)pacbell.net> wrote in message
>>>I bought a 4490 a few months ago, brought it home and plugged it in,
>>>made some scans of 35mm slides, examined the slides and found
>>>everything to be in order.
>>>
>>> Fast forward to 9/18/06 --- I turned on the 4490 again today and
>>> loaded 4 slides in the appropriate holder, poked the button to
>>> "scan" without changing any of the settings (Home mode) and this
>>> time the preview shows the device's logic has not recognized the
>>> slides and apparently interpreted them as one big reflective picture
>>> instead, show it shows me a preview pic of 4 white slide holders
>>> against a black background (the lamp in the cover never came on).
>>>
>>> What's up wid dis?
>>>

>> Cable to the lid not plugged in?
>
> I checked. Seems pretty secure. No luck.

Don't frighten me, I have just ordered one :-)

Have a look here if you haven't already:-
http://self-help.epson.net/gcb/e-help.jsp?TP=emea&CMD=iSearch&TM=false&LG=1&UN=engb&PW=engb&CB=4343577937719591186&Q1-1-4343577937719939304=4343577937719939560&MDL=perf4490&lng=en-GB&rg=eu&data=F0A546F6DFFFD7BBD883C1DF75EFD99601A37FD385CB54B2F73424FA3F1133E6

Or here:-
http://support.epson-europe.com/onlineguides/en/perf4490/html/probs_5.htm

From: Harry Stottle on

>>> "Pat Durkin" <clovers(a)pacbell.net> wrote in message

>>> Cable to the lid not plugged in?
>>
>> I checked. Seems pretty secure. No luck.

If not solved yet, have you accidentally set the lid lock to the lock
position?

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: CanoScan 8400F & Paint