From: Ken Weitzel on
Harry Stottle wrote:

>>> I checked. Seems pretty secure. No luck.
>>>

> If not solved yet, have you accidentally set the lid lock to the lock
> position?

Hi...

Another possibility, if I may?

Given that the slide holders are white, (not black) I suspect
the reflective lamp is on, so would bet that somehow the type
has been switched from positive transparency to one of the others...
perhaps the default "photograph"

Take care.

Ken

From: tomm42 on

Pat Durkin wrote:
> I bought a 4490 a few months ago, brought it home and plugged it in, made
> some scans of 35mm slides, examined the slides and found everything to be in
> order.
>
> Fast forward to 9/18/06 --- I turned on the 4490 again today and loaded 4
> slides in the appropriate holder, poked the button to "scan" without
> changing any of the settings (Home mode) and this time the preview shows the
> device's logic has not recognized the slides and apparently interpreted them
> as one big reflective picture instead, show it shows me a preview pic of 4
> white slide holders against a black background (the lamp in the cover never
> came on).
>
> What's up wid dis?
>
> Pat

Pat
Get off home mode, go to professional mode. Make sure the transparency
option is checked, run it from the twain driver, or from within
Photoshop (or whatever editor you have). The auto settings are
worthless, but Epson Scan Pro does a nice job.
If you are running from home mode and it is using the reflective
setting, make sure you are on transparency, also make sure the
transparency adapter cord is plugged in (as everyone else has said).

Tom

From: tom on
Let me state the obvious...is the "padding" on the lid removed?

From what you describe, sounds like it might have gotten installed.

(do NOT ask how I know about this <wide grin>)

Tom
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: CanoScan 8400F & Paint