From: Vinay Kannan on
Hi,

I am developing a web application in PHP, the db is mysql.

I want to develop something like a batch file, which would run everyday,
query mysql and throw the output to another table which would then perform
some additional functions.

Is something like this possible?? i am working on windows thats why said a
batch,but not rigid about the batch, it cud even be Java.

Thanks,
Vinay
From: Kamil Walas on
Hi,

try this:
http://cronw.sourceforge.net/

Kamil Walas

From: Samar Hedaoo on
If you had been using linux, I would have suggested *cron* for job
scheduling. On Windows, there should be something like Task Scheduler for
the same.

You can write the code for database query and dumping in PHP and then have a
batch file containing "php yourfile.php" scheduled to run using the above.

hope that helps.

regards,
samar

From: Phpster on
Scheduled task?

Bastien

Sent from my iPod

From: Niel Archer on
> Hi,
>
> I am developing a web application in PHP, the db is mysql.
>
> I want to develop something like a batch file, which would run everyday,
> query mysql and throw the output to another table which would then perform
> some additional functions.
>
> Is something like this possible?? i am working on windows thats why said a
> batch,but not rigid about the batch, it cud even be Java.

Not only possible but very simple. Just write the php as normal and use
Windows' Scheduler to run it with something like:

C:\php\php.exe C:\path\to\script.php

I have several scripts like this scheduled to do basic maintenance work
or carry out automated tasks.

--
Niel Archer
niel.archer (at) blueyonder.co.uk