From: kquirici on
Hi,

I'm not sure what it's called, but probably NOT smooth
scrolling.

In any event, I'd like scrolling to not accelerate as you continue
to scroll with the arrow in a scroll bar (or maybe even by clicking
in the scroll bar between the arrow and the little cursor thing).

I seem to vaguely remember back when I had my OS9 Mac
there was a program that would set this up.

Now I'm running Snow Leopard (10.6.whatever).
Is there some way to do this?

Regards,
Ken Quirici
From: Gerry on
In article
<b8832acb-b2a0-4ce4-9b9c-765b87150580(a)x21g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>,
"kquirici(a)yahoo.com" <kquirici(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure what it's called, but probably NOT smooth
> scrolling.
>
> In any event, I'd like scrolling to not accelerate as you continue
> to scroll with the arrow in a scroll bar (or maybe even by clicking
> in the scroll bar between the arrow and the little cursor thing).
>
> I seem to vaguely remember back when I had my OS9 Mac
> there was a program that would set this up.
>
> Now I'm running Snow Leopard (10.6.whatever).
> Is there some way to do this?
>
> Regards,
> Ken Quirici

I'm using Leopard and it is under Preferences / Appearance
From: kquirici on
On Jul 3, 4:11 pm, Gerry <every...(a)sunrise.net> wrote:
> In article
> <b8832acb-b2a0-4ce4-9b9c-765b87150...(a)x21g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>,
>

>  "kquir...(a)yahoo.com" <kquir...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > I'm not sure what it's called, but probably NOT smooth
> > scrolling.
>
> > In any event, I'd like scrolling to not accelerate as you continue
> > to scroll with the arrow in a scroll bar (or maybe even by clicking
> > in the scroll bar between the arrow and the little cursor thing).
>
> > I seem to vaguely remember back when I had my OS9 Mac
> > there was a program that would set this up.
>
> > Now I'm running Snow Leopard (10.6.whatever).
> > Is there some way to do this?
>
> > Regards,
> > Ken Quirici
>
> I'm using Leopard and it is under Preferences / Appearance

You mean System Preferences/ Appearance? I have smooth scrolling
checked
and in appleworks, doing a drawing, it still accelerates scrolling
both left/right and up/down.

Regards,

Ken Quirici
From: kquirici on
On Jul 3, 4:11 pm, Gerry <every...(a)sunrise.net> wrote:
> In article
> <b8832acb-b2a0-4ce4-9b9c-765b87150...(a)x21g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>,
>

>  "kquir...(a)yahoo.com" <kquir...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > I'm not sure what it's called, but probably NOT smooth
> > scrolling.
>
> > In any event, I'd like scrolling to not accelerate as you continue
> > to scroll with the arrow in a scroll bar (or maybe even by clicking
> > in the scroll bar between the arrow and the little cursor thing).
>
> > I seem to vaguely remember back when I had my OS9 Mac
> > there was a program that would set this up.
>
> > Now I'm running Snow Leopard (10.6.whatever).
> > Is there some way to do this?
>
> > Regards,
> > Ken Quirici
>
> I'm using Leopard and it is under Preferences / Appearance

The description of smooth scrolling is that it prevents jumping - but
that doesn't mean it prevents accelerating, which still scrolls
smoothly, just faster.
From: Nick Naym on
In article
kquirici(a)yahoo.com at kquirici(a)yahoo.com wrote on 7/3/10 3:24 PM:

> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure what it's called, but probably NOT smooth
> scrolling.
>
> In any event, I'd like scrolling to not accelerate as you continue
> to scroll with the arrow in a scroll bar (or maybe even by clicking
> in the scroll bar between the arrow and the little cursor thing).
>
> I seem to vaguely remember back when I had my OS9 Mac
> there was a program that would set this up.
>
> Now I'm running Snow Leopard (10.6.whatever).
> Is there some way to do this?
>
> Regards,
> Ken Quirici

Not sure if you really mean "accelerate." If you mean the continued motion
of the scroll bar after you stop scrolling, then you mean "momentum," and
_that_ is set in the Mouse prefs.

--
iMac (27", 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD) � OS X (10.6.3)

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: smooth scrolling?
Next: Entourage