From: rockhammer on
Whenever I search my inbox using advanced find, it always returns emails from
approx 4 months or older first before returning results from more recent
periods. Presumably that's because my company uses a tiered email storage
system where emails >=4 months are moved away from the active server onto
slower storage. Still it's odd that outlook would return those older emails
first before the recent ones. Since there are many emails, it can take >1-2
minutes before the more recent emails start showing up. And of course,
naturally, when I search I am most often looking for something in recent
past.

So my questions are:
1) is the outlook search feature truly coded to behave that way?
2) is there a way for me to change it to make it return recent items first?

Thanks.