From: JK jasonk at necoffeeco dot on
I'm trying to create a chart but I have too man names. I want to limit the
query to names that begin with an A through M - then create a separate query
for names that begin with M though Z. That way, I can have two reports that
display the data properlly.

Any idea how I would limit the query data based on the first letter of each
person's name? I also need to incorporate the greater than / less than
restriction.

Thanks,
From: KARL DEWEY on
Try this --
Between "A" AND "M"

--
Build a little, test a little.

From: Jerry Whittle on
SELECT Employees.*
FROM Employees
WHERE Left([LastName],1) Like "[A-N]" ;

SELECT Employees.*
FROM Employees
WHERE Left([LastName],1) Like "[M-Z]" ;
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

From: Marshall Barton on
JK <jasonk at necoffeeco dot com> wrote:

>I'm trying to create a chart but I have too man names. I want to limit the
>query to names that begin with an A through M - then create a separate query
>for names that begin with M though Z. That way, I can have two reports that
>display the data properlly.
>
>Any idea how I would limit the query data based on the first letter of each
>person's name? I also need to incorporate the greater than / less than
>restriction.

Use a criteria like this for the name field:
< "N"
for the first one and:
>= "N"
for the second one.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]
From: John Spencer on
Use the following expressions in your query as criteria under the name field.

For a to m use
LIKE "[A-M]*"

And for n to z
LIKE "[N-Z]*"