From: Barbara Clark on
Some of my programs are accessing the internet and i would like to
block them from access. I used to be able to do it with sygate
personal firewall but mcafee will not run with sygate and insists I
use windows firewall.

Thanks in advance,
Barb
From: Jim on
On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 18:19:32 -0700 (PDT), Barbara Clark
<nsproject(a)engineer.com> wrote:

>Some of my programs are accessing the internet and i would like to
>block them from access. I used to be able to do it with sygate
>personal firewall but mcafee will not run with sygate and insists I
>use windows firewall.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Barb

AFAIK , windows firewall doesn`t block outgoing . ( I use Comodo )
From: Big_Al on
Barbara Clark said this on 6/1/2010 9:19 PM:
> Some of my programs are accessing the internet and i would like to
> block them from access. I used to be able to do it with sygate
> personal firewall but mcafee will not run with sygate and insists I
> use windows firewall.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Barb

ZoneAlarm does outgoing. You have to allow or deny every program one
time as you use it, then it remembers (if you so tell it to).

There is a free version at:
http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en-us/zonealarm-pc-security-free-firewall.htm
From: Yousuf Khan on
Barbara Clark wrote:
> Some of my programs are accessing the internet and i would like to
> block them from access. I used to be able to do it with sygate
> personal firewall but mcafee will not run with sygate and insists I
> use windows firewall.

Get rid of McAfee and go with AVG, it's free.

Yousuf Khan