From: deb on
ok, expanding the columns out lets me see field chooser but it wont let me
select "to"

now i'm feeling dumb :)
--
deb

From: VanguardLH on
deb wrote:

> ok, expanding the columns out lets me see field chooser but it wont let me
> select "to"
>
> now i'm feeling dumb :)

Right-click on the header row. From the context menu, select Field Chooser.
Now you have to pick a category of fields to find the one you want. Since
you are looking to an e-mail header field, pick Address Fields. If a field
isn't shown then it is already added as a column. You can't add multiples
of the same field.

If the "To" field is not listed, it is already in your view (i.e., already
added as a column). Maybe you have to scroll further to see it. You can
drag the headers in any position you want (so the "To" field could be on the
left side of the pane). It could be you squashed the column so you can't
see it. You'll than have to drag around the vertical edges of the columns
to see if one of them happens to expand the To field.

Some columns apply only to certain type of folders. Is the user-defined
"Sent" folder that you created actually an e-mail type folder?
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"deb" <deb(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> how do i get the emails in the sent box to show sent to instead of sent
> from?

Change the view from Messages to Sent To.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"VanguardLH" <V(a)nguard.LH> wrote in message

> Add/remove whatever columns you want. Right-click on the header row and
> select Field Chooser.

What a round-about way to do what the OP wants. All they need to do is choose
the correct "Sent To" view.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: urpal on

"Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> "deb" <deb(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> > how do i get the emails in the sent box to show sent to instead of sent
> > from?
>
> Change the view from Messages to Sent To.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
>
> .Hi Brian,
Now we are getting somewhere..............we are half way there. Is it
possible to have my 'Committee file', (which I, like Deb, created), list the
'to' and 'from' emails, as before your tweak, in the date order without
separating them?
:)