From: Bob on
Hi - can anyone help me with an Excel 2003 question? I'm working with 3 cells:
a1 [format m/d/yyyy h:mm] - contents= 1/1/2010
b1 [format m/d/yyyy h:mm] - contents= null
c1 [format text] - contents "CLOSED"
All column & cell values are loaded in from a csv file. I can't [i.e. don't
want to] place a formula in cell b1 'cause I'll lose it on the next import,
so I'm trying to place a formula in a 4th cell [d1] that will a) see if c1
contains a value of "CLOSED", b) if true, take the date/time from a1, and c)
place it in b1. I've tried variations using IF and EXACT formulae & had no
success; e.g.
=IF(c1="CLOSED",b1=c1
=IF(c1="CLOSED",((VALUE(b1=A1))
Any suggestions on hot to get it done? thanks!!!! - bob