From: JGustavo on
Hello People.

I have a 64bit windows seven, and from one day to the other, stopped working
power state S4 "suspend to disk", which uses both hibernate, or suspend
hybrid.

S1 and S3 works perfectly.
and if I disable suspend hybrid, and S3 suspend, shut down everything but
the ram, as appropriate. and back without any problem.

but when I enable S4 (suspend hybrid) or try to hibernate ... monitor shuts
down as if to hibernate / suspend, but not written to disk. and switches to
S1 (maximum energy savings without shutting anything) leaving everything on.
and where I move the mouse or press a key returns the image. And not shut
dows, consumes energy.

I did not realize when I started to fail and what changes I made.

so I need to know if there is a log, or something similar, where
registration is what you do when windows tries to hibernate or suspend
hybrid, to see if I can find the cause.

A thousand thanks from now.

From: Carlos on
Gustavo:
Start by going to the power options in control panel.
Check the advanced options of your plan.
There you can reenable the hybrid mode you are looking for.
Carlos

From: JGustavo on
Thanks for reply.

> > "JGustavo" wrote:
> > but when I enable S4 (suspend hybrid) or try to hibernate ... monitor
> > shuts
> > down as if to hibernate / suspend, but not written to disk. and switches
> > S1 (maximum energy savings without shutting anything) leaving everything
> > on.

activate hibernate hybrid makes to suspend, rather than go to S4, go to S1.
Then:
Bios S1 > windows suspend hibryd on > suspend > S1 > ok
Bios S1 > windows suspend hibryd off> suspend > S1 > ok
Bios S1 > Hibernate > S1 > fails because it must go S4, not S1
Bios S3 > windows suspend hibryd on> suspend > S1 > fails because it must go
S4, not S1
Bios S3 > windows suspend hibryd off> suspend > S3 > ok
Bios S3 > Hibernate > S1 > fails because it must go S4, not S1

then suspect a driver or service that is preventing entering state S4, and
failing, it switches to S1.
I hope I have been more clear now.

I need is a log or something, where the steps makes windows to suspend or
hibernate, so I can detect that is what is preventing.

thanks

noticias:76C546B9-19D7-4596-B0A0-8B3A79725768(a)microsoft.com...