From: Gerhard on
I have a SharePoint server that I want to move to a different domain. I made
a virtual copy of it, and have it running (mostly) in the new domain. The
only area I seem to be having issues with are the application pools.
Everything seems to run fine if I use the farm administrator account in the
application pool, but if I set the pools to run with different users then I
get permission denied errors. I have the application pool users set up as
domain admins, have domain admins in the local administrator group, have them
with db_owner permissions on the database (all these are the same as the farm
administrator). These are all accounts that worked fine on the old domain,
but under the new domain I am getting the access denied error (which is not
helpful at all, as it just gives the name of the account that is logged in,
which I am using the farm administrator account for). I've updated the farm
credentials, migrated the users (these both with stsadm) and rerun the
configuration wizard. Is there something I can do to get these accounts
running the application pools correctly?